With a legacy that spans over 100 years, Stelco is a company that has grown along with Canada and its global partners. We understand that twenty-first century competition demands the highest quality products, period. So, Stelco is bringing together the people, technology, and unmatched market knowledge to, once again, take on that challenge from here at home.
Lube and Hydraulics Specialist
Job Location: Lake Erie Works, Nanticoke, Ontario
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Primary Purpose of Position
To provide technical support and act as resource for Hydraulics and Lubrication systems across all the manufacturing modules of Stelco Ltd.
Area Manager of Central Maintenance Complex
Provides Technical Support To:
Managers, Shift Managers, Management Associates, Bargaining Unit Personnel, Contractors
Key Tasks & Responsibilities - Lubrication and Hydraulics
- Provide Technical Leadership in maintaining the safe standards for maintenance and operation for all hydraulics and lubricating systems.
- Follow and Help to Maintain Environmental standards.
To support Maintenance and Operations by:
- Assisting to analyze, troubleshoot and correct problems as required to restore to operation equipment or processes
- Contributing to the development of job procedures and best practices
- Providing and reviewing specifications for new equipment and consumables in keeping with good management of the company’s resources
- Responding to the needs of the facility, develop training programs and curriculum and as may be required to provide training to employees
- Working with service groups, suppliers, contractors and Engineering to meet site objectives and ensure process improvements and projects are conducted in a safe, timely manner
- The Individual will be responsible to prioritize his work assignments for the best use of skills in support of the facilities.
- A technical College or University graduate – Hydraulics and Lubrication.
- Sound understanding of theory of hydraulics and lubrication for industrial machinery.
- Able to understand and read drawings.
- Ability to learn and develop the position.
- Experience with hydraulic equipment from basic pistons pumps through to pressure compensated units, hydraulic cylinders, valve equipment, hydraulic hardware, proportionally controlled systems, servo valves, etc.
- Experience in troubleshooting lubrication and hydraulic systems.
- 5+ years experience in an industrial setting is preferred - aligned will the steel industry or heavy industrial background
- 5+ years Manufacturing/Maintenance experience
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Stelco is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent