Job Number: 80561
Job: Health Professional/Assistant
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre
Organization: LT CARE
Status: Regular Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: Non Union Employees
Minimum Salary: 35.6500 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 45.7000
Post Date: Feb 18, 2020, 5:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Feb 25, 2020, 4:59:00 AM
Developmental Pediatrics and Rehabilitation is a portfolio within McMaster Children's Hospital. It is comprised of many different programs providing out- patient services to children (and some adults) with developmental, emotional or behaviourial, physical, or communication needs. DPR provides family centered habilitation/rehabilitation and consultative services to children who experience functional limitations related to neurological and/or developmental disabilities from the ages of birth to school leaving. The team offers assessment, treatment, and consultation services through a variety of service delivery models.
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the physiotherapist provides service through individual treatment, groups, or consultation to families & caregivers at the centre, in home, or in the community.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday; days some evenings and weekends
1. Current registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
2. Pediatric experience, particularly in rehabilitation preferred
3. Well developed professional skills which include: the ability to work within an interdisciplinary team setting, the ability to collaborate and consult with clients and community caregivers, excellent assessment, treatment and consultative skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing, the ability to work in a variety of settings, and the ability to problem-solve creatively
4. Strong clinical reasoning and caseload management skills
5. Demonstrated ability and willingness to maintain professional standards of practice and clinical competencies according to College guidelines and participate in continuing education in order to upgrade skills and keep abreast of new developments in pediatric rehabilitation
6. Demonstrated ability to work in a changing environment which demands high productivity, organizational skills and flexibility
7. Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing referral patterns
8. Demonstrated ability to complete statistics accurately and write reports in a timely manner
9. Access to a reliable, insured vehicle with 2 million dollars liability insurance for traveling to home visits, community/daycare visits
10. Willingness to participate in a criminal reference screening process
11. Fluency in French will be considered an asset
12. Must be able to obtain a valid Vulnerable Sector Screen (VSS)
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement