The Canada Sales Organization is looking for an experienced sales professional with leadership experience to be the Sales Manager based out of our Toronto Office.
As a Sales Manager, you will be responsible for the commercial/selling activities related to the vertical industry or segment assigned under supervision. Reporting to the Area Sales Manager or Country Sales Manager, the vertical/segment sales manager needs to ensure the accomplishment of the sales targets and drive the vertical or segment sales expertise to optimize team results.
We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy…
We’re proud of our people who define our company’s industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings. We offer competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off – and our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
Every company, every country wants access to a competitive shipping, logistics and port system – and our people have created one company that offers one, easy-to-use solution to all their shipping needs.
Maersk is unique
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers’ global supply chains. We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world’s largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
Including but not limited to:
- Lead and set direction for the sales team according to budget, assigned from the Country Sales Manager, both on delivering Ocean & Logistics & Services volume and growing revenue and optimizing profits.
- Actively monitor our local Customer Satisfaction metric, Net Promoter Score (NPS) with the vertical/segment and drive local improvement to improve customer satisfaction
- Actively provide feedback to the vertical or segment lead based on customer feedback and insights
- Ensure succession plans are in place for key roles including own role
- Coach direct reports for success and development
We are looking for
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 6-8 years of combined external sales experience in transportation or logistics industry experience
- 2-3 years of management experience
- Business Understanding - Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of customer and Maersk’s industry and market dynamics, value drivers, products, services, systems and business processes.
- General Management - Ability to structure and optimize the use of resources and decision making in pursuit of agreed objectives
- Leadership - The ability to inspire and enable an organization to achieve desired results within a changing environment, through the effective use and development of human resources.
- Sales Management - Ability to implement and manage sales strategy, process and resources in a way that efficiently supports the customer and Maersk objectives.
- Communication - Ability to convey, receive and share information to ensure mutual understanding internally and externally across all levels.
- Excellent negotiation, listening, probing and closing skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce.com and MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), and an ability to quickly adapt and work with new software.
- Frequent travel is required