Stuyver's Bread, located in the Gloucester Industrial are in Aldergrove, has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Quality Control Supervisor.
Position Title: Quality Control Supervisor
Reports To: QA Manager
Flour, Water, Yeast and Salt. Our ingredients may be simple, but it's the collective passion of our dedicated team that really changes the equation. Our 72,000 square foot facility in Langley, British Columbia, features flexible, state-of-the-art baking equipment, including artisan bread lines and blast freezing technology. This enables us to bake large volumes of bread to a high standard of consistent quality.
Stuyver's has enjoyed steady growth over the past few years and we credit this to the quality of our people. If you also have the passion and dedication to help sustain our success, we want to hear from you today!
The QA Supervisor is responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable regulations, food safety and quality standards, and Stuyver’s policies and procedures. This position is a hands-on role that also involves technical knowledge, and it is required to spend at least 50% of the time on the production floor inside our highly automated bakery. Due to the nature of the position, working hours may vary depending on production schedule, or to cover for colleague vacations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervise and manage the scheduling of QA Technicians duties
2. Provide coverage as a back-up for the absence of other key personnel, including QA Manager.
3. Apply written GMP procedures on the production floor
4. Identify non-conformities and make a formal application of corrective actions and preventive measures the
5. Oversee Pest control operations to ensure protocols have been followed
6. Inspect food processing facilities to verify effectiveness of sanitation
7. Conduct environmental sampling as per implemented EMP
8. Evaluate product quality to ensure adherence to established quality standards
9. Monitor quality attributes, summarize, analyze, graph and report quality data
10. Facilitate food safety requirements to ensure compliance with SFCR, SQF, FSMA, COR, NOP, other applicable food legislations and product quality standards
11. Verify daily Quality Control records for accuracy and follow up on the non-conformities
12. Review QA Daily report, conduct root-causes analysis and address non-conformities
13. Maintain document control to guarantee traceability, consistency, and security of the records
14. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and communicate to the Senior site management
15. Arrange annual GMP training, re-training, and special training events
16. Provide hands-on technical support to QA Team and Operations
17. Assist in different Quality Assurance and Quality Planning projects
18. Strict adherence with Work safe B.C. regulations
19. Perform other duties as required and/or assigned
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Science in a food-related field
2. Minimum Food Safety Associate Certificate/HACCP Training
3. Minimum of 3 years or prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment preferably with the food/baking industry with SQF or BRC certification.
4. Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
5. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
6. Good ability to motivate and empower team members by providing feedback and recognition
7. Ability to prioritize demands and shift between conflicting priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
8. A hands-on work ethic with disciplined fundamentals; consistent and hard working
9. Good computer systems (MS Office)
Why Work Here?
Stuyver’s provides an attractive wage as well as access to a host of great employee benefits including:
If you are interested in this role, please apply today!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent