Biospective Inc. is a dynamic, specialized contract research organization (CRO). Applications of Biospective technologies include the quantitative analysis of pre-clinical and clinical images in studies of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease. Biospective works within a regulated environment that requires strict adherence to established electronic records, information security, and privacy policies (e.g. HIPAA, 21 CFR part 11).
Biospective is currently seeking a System Administrator for the administration of Biospective’s computerized systems (hardware and software) in conjunction with Biospective’s IT staff, as well as providing general IT support to the entire company.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide user-level IT and technical support to all Biospective users.
- Work with Biospective’s Systems Administrators on server and workstation configuration and maintenance.
- Assist in managing the network equipment and services - NFS, SAMBA, NIS, VLAN membership, routing, FW rules, DNS, DHCP, VPN, etc.
- Assist in planning and managing the VM environment - VMware, Virtualbox, ESXi servers.
- Assist in planning and maintaining the enterprise storage - SAN, DRBD, ZFS, on-site tape backups, off-site backups.
- Assist in managing the IT software/hardware inventory and consumables. Prepare and execute POs, provide a point of contact for the relevant vendors and suppliers
- In collaboration with IT department personnel, develop and maintain tools to facilitate IT and data management tasks (g. data transfer, disk space management).
- In collaboration with Biospective’s Operations team, administer, configure, and provide user support for Biospective’s Jira and Confluence installation and maintenance.
- Assist in cybersecurity improvement process and activities, including implementation and testing.
- Assist in configuration and maintenance of cloud IaaS services (e_.g._ Azure), including:
- Configuration and administration of cloud environments - Resource groups, VMs, virtual networks, DBs, storages, etc.
- Active Directory management, resource access control, MFA, Enterprise Mobility Management
- Information security management and monitoring
Job Type: Full-time
- system administration: 1 year (Preferred)