Balmoral Place Retirement Community is inviting applicants to apply to the role of Wellness Manager.
The successful candidate’s areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Overseeing the wellness of all the residents;
- Responsible for all initial and ongoing assessments to establish and update plans of care for all residents, ensuring their care needs are met;
- Ongoing monitoring of resident care needs and coordinating all wellness services related to prescribed medical orders and resident needs, involving the residents and families/substitute decision makers;
- Planning and participating in care conferences, as per the Retirement Home Act, with the residents, families/substitute decision makers and, if required, the multidisciplinary team;
- Providing leadership to the health and wellness team, including direct oversight of all Resident Service Attendants and Registered staff;
- Participating in and promoting the residence at planned marketing events;
- Promoting and representing the residence to foster a positive community relations program;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with community partners including the local health care community and other agencies servicing seniors;
- Responding to emergency situations;
- Completing pertinent reports correctly and in keeping with assigned deadlines;
- Ensuring compliance of all applicable legislation, for example the Retirement Homes Act, 2010 and its regulations;
- Meeting the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario at all times;
- Overseeing all tasks related to scheduling;
- Co-ordinating and monitoring the Infection Control Program for the residence; understanding, teaching, and practicing routine precautions and best practises;
- Liaising with RHRA inspectors respective of any investigations;
- Other related duties, as assigned.
The key qualifications for this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario, with medication administration qualifications;
- Three (3) years of nursing experience in a similar setting; management experience is an asset;
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificates is preferable;
- Ability to communicate to our senior residents, their families, colleagues, etc., in a friendly and professional manner;
- Exceptional assessment skills;
- Effective time management skills to work under specified time constraints and in accordance with job routines, while observing policies and procedures as well as applicable work standards and safety regulations;
- The ability to focus on multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment;
- Must be able to anticipate problems and use sound judgment and tact in handling confidential matters;
- Must be knowledgeable of pertinent legislation and regulations including the Retirement Homes Act, 2010 and its regulations;
- The ability to conduct your work on a computer utilizing Microsoft Office programs;
- The successful candidate must be prepared to be flexible in the hours of work to accommodate nursing activities of the residence, this includes working some weekends;
- As a valued member of the management team, you will participate in the weekend Manager on Duty rotation;
- A criminal records/vulnerable sector screen, TB screening using a two-step Mantoux tuberculin test, and satisfactory professional references.
Balmoral Place Retirement Community welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Balmoral Place Retirement Community. Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time
- nursing: 3 years (Preferred)
- CNO registration (Preferred)