- Coordinating Dock Systems service technician activities in the field and in the shop; Coordinate service resources with the assigned customer service associates to maximize efficient tech routing; Develop service tech staff in troubleshooting and service functions; Review and enhance operational processes and standards for the organization including service reporting, troubleshooting guidelines, reporting cascade for issues etc.; Establishing Dock Systems service technician.
- Work procedures, productivity, and efficiency expectations to facilitate resource planning, scheduling and managing onsite operational expenses. Define overall installation planning process and timelines; define work plans; create a template for projecting installation costs and projecting timelines and resource requirements; Support sales in the bidding of new installation quotes and requirements.
- Establish a service technician development and training program at Dock Systems to enhance our skill sets and improve the delivery of our services. Hands-on on-site field installations support and In-house training on equipment operations & standard maintenance
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the field supervisors and field technician staff that are relevant and drive increased productivity and quality output.
- Responsible for recruiting, retention, personnel development for direct reports including safety training. Safety and injury rates will be part of the candidate’s goals and objectives.
- Manages and approves all vacation and other time off of technician and supervisory staff.
- Manages / Schedules all necessary overtime per corporate guidelines and ensures On Call protocol is up to date and communicated.
- The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not include additional work which may be assigned by management.
- Responsible for effective communication to the entire team, including the field service personnel.
- Technical Skills
- Developer of Talent
- Results Orientation
- Decision Making / Judgment Integrity / Ethics
- Continuous Improvement
- Team Leadership
- Work Environment / Safety
- Strong dispute resolution skills
- Experience effectively managing customer relations- directly with customers
- Supervisory experience- managing winning teams
- Demonstrate achieving targets and goals with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills verbal and written
- Financial Acumen (budgeting- forecasting- managing margins)
- 5 years demonstrated proficiency in a field service or plant service management role
- Direct customer account management experience
- Service management process/procedure experience (creating and developing)
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Office and field environment
- May be exposed to noise, heat, cold conditions
- May be required to sit/stand/walk
- May be required to lift 50-75 lbs. (with or without assistance)
- May be required to climb 4-8 ft. ladder and work in heights
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Required)