Regional Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
Temporary, Full-time (2-yr. contract)
Partial working from home arrangement
North Region of BC
December 20, 2019 (midnight EST)
Submit your cover letter and resume as one document to complete your application. You will need to reside in the North Region.
The work of the BC SPCA is supported by over 5000 compassionate volunteers across the province who help us assist nearly forty-nine thousand abused, abandoned, injured and neglected animals every year. We are looking for a Regional Volunteer Engagement Coordinator to join our Human Resources department to help facilitate an enhanced volunteer experience as part of an exciting pilot project.
This full-time, temporary 2-year position will primarily work from home with travel to our Provincial Office in east Vancouver and to our branches throughout the assigned region as required. The work will include:
- Participating in development and execution of programs to enhance the BC SPCA volunteer experience.
- Working with various programs to determine volunteer needs, update volunteer job descriptions, and post volunteer opportunities within the assigned region.
- Acting as administrator of the regional Better Impact account. Note: Better Impact is the volunteer management software we use.
- Screening, engaging, and onboarding new volunteers.
- Deploying volunteers to various programs/locations in the assigned region and working with staff to ensure smooth transition.
- Checking in with new volunteers four months after their first volunteer shift to evaluate their experience and bring suggestions forward.
- Working with program/location staff within assigned region to ensure volunteers receive meaningful recognition for their important contributions to the BC SPCA.
- Completing reports based on established metrics to track the impact of volunteerism within the region.
- Participating in regional and/or provincial projects related to volunteerism.
We are looking for someone who understands the value volunteers bring to a non-profit organization and is keen to be a part of ensuring volunteers at the BC SPCA have an outstanding experience. You must thrive on working with people and building relationships, be adaptable and open to change, and have lots of initiative.
In addition to these qualities, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources with minimum of 3 years’ related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer. Related experience includes, but is not limited to:
o Interpersonal relations;
o Recruitment and selection;
o Creating job descriptions;
o Volunteer coordination/engagement/recognition; and
o Working with animals or supporting human resources functions in a non-profit organization.
- Completion of certificate in volunteer administration (CVA) is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Calendar, Skype for Business; experience in using Better Impact and/or learning management systems is an asset.
- Ability to work and coordinate with different teams, to understand organizational needs to align priorities with strategic outcomes.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Philosophical harmony with the BC SPCA mission, vision, and strategic directions.
- Must have a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
This temporary position will qualify for paid vacation, benefits and applicable annual salary adjustments/bonuses. Working hours have some flexibility, provided core hours are covered.
If you are up for the challenge, are looking for an opportunity to be involved in a great cause and are legally entitled to work in Canada, review the job description below and click on the link to apply now - https://spca.bc.ca/about-us/careers/
We welcome diversity, value differences, and foster inclusion in our employment practices. We invite applications from all qualified individuals who are philosophically aligned with our mission and guiding principles.
We thank you for your interest in the BC SPCA, however; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.