Logistics Technician - Part time
4 February 2020
Permanent - Part Time
Midhurst, ON L9X 1N6 CA (Primary)
Various, ON CA
** Three positions**
Reporting to the Logistics Supervisor and under the guidance of Logistics Coordinators the Logistics Technician is responsible for providing support to Paramedic Services Operations through vehicle and equipment preparation and re-stocking. The Logistics Technician will also process, clean, disinfect and prepare conveyance equipment, response bags and other ancillary equipment. The Logistics Technician will be involved in special cleaning of ambulances and equipment as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in order of priority)
1. Clean and sanitize ambulances and emergency response vehicles, such as but not limited to routine and deep cleaning of vehicles.
2. Clean and sanitize equipment, response bags, bins, etc.
3. Safely contain and remove bio-hazardous waste and garbage.
4. Perform general housekeeping duties within the garage and work site.
5. Prepare and restock response bags, bins and vehicles.
6. Maintain appropriate stock levels and inventories, ensuring that equipment is rotated and serviced to maximize efficiency through reduced downtime and equipment availability.
7. Conduct inventory/supply audits.
8. Replace/remove old, expired or broken packaging in vehicle inventories, including but not limited to, linen, oxygen tanks, consumable medical supplies and medications.
9. Exchange defective equipment and ensure proper documentation.
10. Input data and maintain records including, inventory movement, equipment inspections and maintenance, and vehicle inspections and maintenance.
11. Recharge, condition and rotate batteries for equipment.
12. Ensure vehicles are connected to shore power when not in operational use.
13. Recommend to supervisor such changes as may be required to improve efficiency, effectiveness and performance.
14. Receive, stock and distribute products, equipment and associated supplies.
15. Perform tasks related to quality assurance and quality control to ensure compliance with provincial Acts and Regulations, Municipal By-laws, Standard Operating Procedures and Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC) Certification standards (e.g., minimum required supplies, expiration dates).
16. Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
17. Maintain work area and perform work in a safe, efficient and courteous manner.
18. Inspection of vehicle operations, systems and fluids.
19. Other duties as assigned.
20. Comply with provincial and County occupational health and safety legislation, regulations, policies and procedures.
21. Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION
- Successful completion of Secondary School Graduation Diploma or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid Class “G” Driver’s License and must demonstrate the ability to maneuver a trailer within 30 days of the commencement of employment.
- Possess and maintain at minimum a valid Basic Rescuer CPR and First Aid certificate
- Demonstrate computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications and ability to use other applications as required.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any required certifications to conduct duties.
- Criminal Records check that is less than ninety (90) days old at time of hire.
- Ability to read and interpret sketches, flow charts, schedules, equipment manuals.
- Ability to maintain accurate written and electronic records.
- Demonstration of effective planning and time-management skills including the ability to multi-task effectively and manage changing priorities.
- Experience in a warehouse and material handling environment
- Experience in LEAN warehouse practices is an asset.
- Experience in computerized material management systems.
- Experience in working with cleaning and disinfection of dirty or contaminated items.
- Understanding of 24 hour operations.
- Working with medical supplies and equipment is an asset.
- Detailed oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be physically capable of handling, carrying, loading and unloading heavy supplies and equipment independently of up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing, pulling, loading, overhead reaching and lifting various weights.
- Must be physically capable of bending or kneeling, possibly for long periods of time.
- Use of computers or tablets to complete documentation.
- Ability to work days, nights and weekend shifts, as required.
- Ability to work safely with the proper use of P.P.E. for the purpose of cleaning and reprocessing medical equipment.
- Ability to work under time pressures or emergency situations.
- Exposure to body fluids, bio-hazardous or infectious material.
- Driving in all types of weather conditions to Paramedic service facilities or where otherwise indicated.
$21.13 - $23.36/hour
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.