The Opportunity: :
McElhanney has an opportunity for an intermediate Party Chief to join our growing team across Northern Alberta. Reporting to the Project Manager you will complete projects in an accurate, timely, and efficient manner to meet contractual and legal obligations. Within this role, you will be involved in surveying resource industry related facilities and pipelines and local construction and legal survey work.
There is a significant opportunity to work in the emerging local market with projects across western Canada to keep you busy. This is a great opportunity for an individual that is looking to further their career in Geomatics Engineering with a well-established company.
What You’ll Be Doing: :
- The ability to travel and work out of town in remote areas for extended periods of time.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing will be on-going and unscheduled as required.
What You’ll Bring:
- Work with the Project Manager to understand the following: project objectives, allocated budgets, goals, schedules, and timeframes
- Field completion of various types of surveys including engineering, construction, and legal surveys
- Manage information flow from field to office and prepare clear, concise and accurate field notes, records and calculations
- Work independently to complete survey projects efficiently
- Liaise between Project Manager and client representative
- Ensure implementation of quality assurance, safety, and policy compliance.
What Can We Offer You?:
- Two-year technical diploma in Geomatics or Civil Engineering with 5 years of previous experience
- Physical ability to work in mountainous, forested terrain and ability to lift heavy equipment
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Willing to work in various environmental conditions with varied terrain, able to work in wildlife populated areas, and willing to work in remote areas for extended periods with varied hours
- RPAS drone pilot certification is an asset
- Pipeline Construction (weld mapping) experience is an asset
- Interest in cross training to help with engineering field support is an asset
- Experience with Civil 3D, MicroSurvey and Trimble Business Centre is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, good attendance, sound judgment skills, and general computer knowledge.
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy lifestyle
- Local work with the support large base to balance workloads
- Maternity leave top-up and parental leave
- Extended health and dental coverage, healthcare spending account, and RRSP matching
- Employee & Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support online or over the phone
- A workplace culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all
- Competitive salary, participation in our generous performance bonus plan, and opportunity to join an employee-owned firm with potential share ownership
- Continuous support for your growth through professional development reimbursement, mentorship programs, and opportunity to join numerous internal committees.
For a full review of our projects, please visit our online portfolio: https://www.mcelhanney.com/portfolio
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.:
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers: to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
Sunny skies, a strong growing economy and no provincial sales tax make Calgary a destination of choice. With the pristine wilderness of Banff National Park less than one hour’s drive away, Calgary offers the best of two exciting worlds – from stimulating city life in Canada’s newest urban playground to the spectacular scenery and nearby outdoor adventure in the Canadian Rockies, the rolling foothills and expansive prairies. Residents enjoy superb winter sports attractions like skiing and snowboarding which are matched in the summer by golf, hiking, mountain biking, camping and fishing.McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.