POSITION TITLE: FRONT DESK AGENT
REPORTS TO : General Manager / Assistant GM
Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay.
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Maintains guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid out's, currency exchange,
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guests.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs cashiering tasks like bill/invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out's, Foreign currency exchange etc.
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures and record details in the courier Mail Register.
- Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
- Inform guest of the room safe and mini-bar key and room key procedures.
- Issue parking passes/validate valet parking tickets.
- Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests.
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, Is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience: Previous hotel-related experience desired.
Physical: Requires fingering, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, visual acuity, and may on occasion have to lift and carry up to 40 pound.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.25 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call