Building Service Worker (BSW)
The Vancouver Native Housing Society (VNHS) is seeking a full-time building service worker for our building located in downtown Vancouver. The building contains: 98 suites, a community kitchen, a large office area, underground parking, an amenity room, and outdoor court yard areas. This position will report to Building Manager and Property Manager.
- General repairs – plumbing, electrical, drywall, and minor carpentry
- Repairing leaky taps, replace and/or repair plugged toilets, drains etc.
- Suite preparation at move out. Clean and paint suites as required.
- Janitorial duties to include: mopping floors, washing windows, sweeping; waxing, and polishing floors, hallway and stairs; dusting furniture, counters and woodwork, washing hand basins, sinks, toilets and tile.
- Respond to tenant requests and emergencies.
- Maintain daily written journal.
- Maintain the exterior of the building and surrounding property clean and free of debris.
- Seasonal tasks such as landscaping, filter changes and snow removal.
- Perform security rounds of the building.
- Knowledge and experience in basic plumbing, drywall repairs, painting, electrical, etc. is required
- Solid background in janitorial work, building maintenance, and security.
- Requires excellent communication skills (inter-personal, written and verbal)
- Knowledge of the Aboriginal Community and/or Aboriginal Ancestry is an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Successful applicants will be required to submit to a criminal record check.
Job Type: Full-time
- basic plumbing, electrical, painting, and drywall: 3 years (Required)