Manager, Guest Services Desk
At Vivo we are a charitable enterprise on a mission to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond. We want Canadians of all ages to achieve their optimal health at home, school, work and play. We’re creating local, evidence-based solutions to support individuals and whole communities be more active and connected by charting a course to make 10% shifts - shifts in people’s lifestyles, shifts in the care and design of communities and shifts in decision making at organizational and government levels.
With the support of new experiences and innovative built environments created with and for the community, their success stories will be proof of our mission in action. They’ll serve as powerful motivation for others, in Calgary and across the nation, to make their own changes for life.
As Manager, Guest Services, you are responsible for the co-creation, development, resourcing, delivery, evaluation, performance and evolution of the Guest Services Desk. You will create and connect with our customers, community and employees in ways that are impactful in driving and advancing our cause. You will re-imagine, oversee and evolve all aspects and functions of the Guest Services Desk to bring Vivo experiences to life. You’ll lead and foster accountability and capacity in the team to deliver strong results and impact.
Reports to: Sales, Marketing & Communications Director
- Oversee, evolve and provide leadership and direction to the guest services team in the form of talent acquisition, training, performance management, team in-services and training.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate work-plans and performance targets for the Guest Services and Sales team.
- Empower and hold the guest services team accountable for achieving established work-plans and targets through the regular follow-up, feedback and coaching.
- Recruit, onboard, train, coach and performance manage the team utilizing Human Resources best practices to ensure a high-performing teamincluding, designing and running effective training and in-services.
- Perform regular scheduling and payroll to 15+ guest services representatives and leads.
- Design and run effective training to continuously develop staff to be equipped to deal with high stress emergency situations in accordance with emergency procedure guidelines.
- Co-create, collaborate, and foster healthy teamwork amongst Vivo managers in order to develop strong experiences for the community.
- Seek out and explore customer service front end trends, software & technology, practices, new ways of experience delivery, and recommend solutions.
- Continuously evaluate, evolve and drive shifts to key offerings and operational systems to ensure they remain aligned with and support the departments objectives.
- Lead and develop business cases for the design and implementation of customer service processes, sales and experiences.
- Continuously evaluate, evolve and drive shifts to key offerings, operational systems and organizational design to ensure they remain aligned with and support the core business.
- Generate and track statistics for passes and promos weekly, monthly and annually to help drive our business and meet targets and objectives.
- Participate in the design of our passes, promos, and optimizing the value of spontaneous experiences.
- Champion the LEGEND point of sale software to ensure effective use by employees and seamlesstransactions for the customer.
- Train all Guest Services employees on the point of sale software.
- Collaborate with Financial Administrator to ensure customer account balances and external subsidies are properly accounted for.
- Reconcile and prepare biweekly bank deposits from guest service representative’s cash outs.
- Assess, revise, and revamp operational policies, procedures and training manuals to ensure they are aligned and support the business operations.
- Collaborate with the Innovation Team on their strategies and offerings and educate and train the customer experience team on how to best support and drive these offerings
- Build strong relationships and co-create with our customers, partners and community to determine their needs and what they value; provide concierge service.
- Own the guest services and sales budget and understand and monitor key components that influence targets and revenue generation.
- Participate in re-imagining the guest services experience process through a service design thinking lens with the team and then implement and build capacity in the guest services team to do the same.
- Implement and integrate learnings and evolutions into team’s work in “real time” as a result of experimentation and testing.
- Present ideas, research, and recommendations to leadership team through strong communication in the form of verbal presentations, business cases, and facilitation of meetings.
- Champion Vivo at special events i.e. everybody plays, open house, community events.
- Post-Secondary Diploma and/or University Degree in kinesiology, recreation or customer service management, business, or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience in customer service delivery
- Minimum 3 years of progressive leadership experience in a related area
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED certifications
- Police Information Clearance within the past 3 years for current staff and 6 months for new staff.
We thank all candidates for their interest in VIVO. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This opportunity will remain active until a candidate is hired.
Job Type: Full-time
- Business or equivalent: 4 years (Preferred)
- Kinesiology: 4 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 5 years (Preferred)
- Progressive Leadership: 3 years (Preferred)
- Recreation or Customer Service management: 4 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- First Aid & CPR Level C (Required)
- AED - Automated External Defibrillator (Required)
- Police Check (Required)