Blackline Safety is a world leader in the development and manufacturing of wirelessly connected safety products — we offer the broadest and most complete portfolio in the industry. We monitor personnel working alone in populated areas, indoors within complex facilities, and employees operating in the most remote reaches of our planet. Our products are used to keep people safe in the event of falls, missed check-ins, man-downs and exposure to explosive or toxic gas. Our products save lives. Our design, marketing, customer care, sales and production are all performed in-house at our headquarters in Ramsay, Calgary.
Our fast-growing company is currently hiring experienced Data Architect who is passionate about building scalable data pipelines for both real time and batch processing and to help build the next generation of new analytics products our highly available, highly scalable safety monitoring platform built on the newest stack.
Our technologies are RedShift, PowerBI, SSRS, RDS, Aurora, Athena, AWS DataLake, Matillion, Talend, Pentaho, and more. We use DDD, Emerging Patterns and anything else you want to try.
We are looking for someone:
· With serious desire to build great software
· Experienced with sourcing and modeling data from application APIs.
· Experienced leading the architecture design, development, test, and delivery of large-scale data pipelines and ETL workflows
· Worked on large-scale data extraction, processing, and transformations to enable data science efforts.
· That takes ownership of the solution and deliver
· With a team mindset, highly collaborative and enjoys a fast-paced, team environment
· That enjoys learning new technologies, concepts and areas of business
· Experienced with ingesting media files
To be successful, you must have the following:
· A degree in computer science, software engineering or similar education
· Data modeling skills including dimensional modeling
· Understanding of modern data frameworks
· Strong knowledge of scalable database development in a SaaS environment dealing with real-time streaming data
· Strong knowledge of AWS cloud and managed databases
· 5+ years of experience in designing, implementing and maintaining large-scale data pipelines and ETL tools
· 5+ years of experience in data warehousing and large scale computing
· Experience working with stream processing solutions such as Kafka and Spark
· Performance tuning of complex sql queries
· Hands-on with database performance tuning (MySQL & Redshift)
· Knowledge of and enthusiasm for agile software development
Blackline Safety offers:
· A world-class team of senior developers and software professionals to act as mentors as you develop your professional skills
· A unique and fun place to work with flexible hours
· Interesting products to work on and an entrepreneurial environment
· Exposure to a wide variety of modern web technologies
· Supportive (yet challenging), collaborative work environment
· Competitive salary and vacation compensation
· Medical, dental and drug benefits
· Company savings plan with matching contributions
Join our team to build the future!
Blackline does not offer visa sponsorship
Job Type: Full-time