Strathcona Excavating Inc. is looking for experienced Horizontal Directional Drillers to join our team in Sherwood Park.
*** Must have experience with underground water/sewer drilling ***
_ Responsibilities: _
- Operator drill to facilitate installation of pipe/conduit for underground utilities.
- Ability to read locates, and any underground facility plans/drawings
- Understands how to lay out a bore path with plans and locates and the utilization of a Hydrovac for proper day-lighting.
- Working in extreme temperatures (cold and heat)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to think and react to changing conditions quickly
- Properly secure and transport directional drill to work site and safely off-load
- Follow set-up procedures and position safely with proper alignment for drilling
- Establish responsibility and care for equipment through preventative and ongoing maintenance
- At least 2 years of experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Safety is a priority
- CSTS, Global Ground Disturbance
Job Type: Full-time
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)