MicroSurvey Software Inc., part of Hexagon’s global brand network, is a Kelowna based company that develops and distributes a family of specialized computer software for Land Surveyors, Civil Engineers, Contractors, Mapping Professionals, Police Officers and Accident Reconstruction Specialists around the world.
Specializing in the development of industry specific solutions since 1985, MicroSurvey produces mobile software for use with total stations and GPS, as well as a full complement of desktop solutions to increase efficiency and productivity in the office.
We are looking to hire an experienced inside sales professional who will be assigned our Eastern sales territory in North America. The focus of this position is consultative sales of our survey market products. These products are the market leaders in their field, used around the world by surveyors, engineers and contractors to accurately capture and map survey data in the field and document and design these works in the office.
Based on the growing needs of our team, this one-year term position has the possibility to turn into a permanent position. The role is based out of our main offices headquartered in Kelowna, British Columbia. Preference will be given candidates able to work from our offices here in Kelowna, but an outside position may be considered.
Responsibilities and Duties
Develop territory sales and meet sales objectives for their region (70%)
- Able to develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts (direct and dealer); prospecting and soliciting new accounts (direct and dealer); building rapport with all prospects.
- Service existing customers in the territory by building relationships with key customers, suppliers, and industry associations. Consultative selling and promotion of MicroSurvey Software products and services within customer segments in the assigned territory
- Identify client requirements, proactively and professionally recommend and sells programs, products and services; proposing solutions to customers by providing technical information, guidance and demonstrations of MicroSurvey software
- Respond to inbound leads, make regular outbound calls, cold calls and prospect for new business
- Provide regular forecast and sales pipeline updates to the Sales Manager
Plan and conducts programs and activities (focused regional marketing efforts and campaigns, regional training efforts and dealer and customer demonstrations and meetings etc…) that will drive growth of the MicroSurvey brand in territory.
Attend industry trade shows for territory as required.
Account management (10%)
Serves as primary point of contact for their accounts and dealers.
Identify opportunities within existing accounts for new business (add on sales, cross product sales, new product needs etc.). Uses company resources appropriately to move towards achievement of set goal(s) for the account.
Alert internal teams to lost sales opportunities and the associated reasons, identify and report changing customer or market needs that require multifunctional team approach or development efforts, to ensure the team sets priorities and objectives that will drive future sales.
Business Planning and territory management (10%)
Develops an Annual Business Plan for the Territory, focusing on business planning steps within span of control, as well as needs from cross-functional partners.
Provides analytic insight on customer needs and territory data, report issues and opportunities, utilizing all available company resources.
Reports new product ideas/suggestion, market trends and competition.
Utilizes CRM (ACT) to document all communication and opportunity in the territory.
Sends monthly and quarterly report to Sales Manager about territory business update.
Completes and submits Expense Reports as required
Manages demo and loaner equipment or sample requests.
Participates in monthly sales meeting to report on overall territory status and provide feedback.
This position requires:
- Practical knowledge of the Survey industry, instruments, best practices
- AutoCAD or other CAD drafting program experience.
- Three or more years of sales experience, software sales and B2B preferred.
- Passion for sales, prospecting and closing deals.
- High energy level and professional demeanour.
- Good computer and presentation skills.
- Strong aptitude for learning and embracing cutting-edge technical solutions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an excellent driving record.
- Must be able to travel within Canada and the USA. Roughly 3-6 trips per year to tradeshows, conferences, and key accounts
- Full-time availability
Post-secondary school education (Technical Diploma or Degree) or related work experience, emphasis on any of the following disciplines
Surveying or Geomatics,
Must have three to five years work, business development or sales experience in a related field
Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing; an active listener who projects a professional demeanor
- Proven ability to close sales, growing a territory and existing accounts through referrals
Solid understanding of Business to Business based sales as opposed to Retail sales.
Has sold value added vs price
Dealing with top decision-makers and multiple decision makers
- Comfortable with phone-based selling, making cold calls, prospecting for new business