The Case Worker is responsible for case management of resident and non-resident clients, administration of transitional housing program and delivery of programs which maybe during the day, evening or weekends. The Case Worker reports to the Executive Director.
Key Responsibilities * Create trusting/ professional relationships with clients through rapport building
- Model excellence in client relations, including professionalism, boundaries, and a client centred focus
- Ensure that programs running at Bridge House run in accordance with their mandate and are quality, client centred programs.
- With consultation of the Executive Director, assist clients in developing and pursuing their goals
- Identify service gaps and unmet client needs. Propose new programs to the Executive Director and, if approved, develop and promote these programs
- Use active listening skills to support clients
- Support supervision of volunteers/ students working in the program * Provide written documentation and statistics as as required and directed
Transitional Housing program
1. Ensure that the environment of Bridge House is welcoming and pleasant to all, offices, public rooms and resident areas are maintained in a presentable and serviceable manner to facilitate a professional appearance.
2. Assess potential applicants for the program with consultation of the Executive Director
3. Perform Intake interviews with new program participants and weekly update interviews
4. Communicate with tenants to collect rent and address concerns.
5. Communicate major concerns to the Executive Director.
6. Document significant behavioral issues of tenants and consult the Executive Director for direction, when needed.
7. Visit second and third floors before leaving in the evening and periodically throughout the week, providing supervision and a supportive presence
8. Inform the Executive Director of significant house rule breaches or dangerous situations and documents appropriately
9. Actively promote attendance to agency programing
10. Ability to make independent decisions without supervision, especially in crisis situations.
- Report client progress to Executive Director, as required.
- Ensure appropriate incidences are documented in the Communication log and on other appropriate forms
- Consult with team for guidance on advocate for client needs and advice on precarious situations. * Attend staff meetings as required
- Participate in developing the program
- Support the team in daily operations and program development
- Develop collaborative relationships with community partners
- A diploma in Social Service Work
- Current registration in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Work and Social Service Work is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and rapport building skills
- Experience in group facilitation and program development * Excellent written communication and organizational skills * Experience working with individuals who are experiencing poverty, criminal justice involvement, marginalization, Addiction and/ or mental health issues
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills, willingness to continually develop this role
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system, mental health disorders, homelessness, poverty, marginalization and addictions
- Driver’s license is an asset
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour