The Production Supervisor plays a critical role in the overall production and supply management of the commercial bakery operations. To supervise and coordinate production activities at all processing stages in the CT Bakery plant to ensure production meets or exceeds efficiency and
company safety and quality standards by following GMP regulations and the company’s SOP, SSOP’s and work instructions. To engage line employees and build a strong teamwork culture in the plant.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Start of Shift:
1. Ensure company GMP Policy is strictly followed at all times.
2. Be present on the floor for shift changeover to monitor and control employee punch-clocking in/out; follow the same during shift for breaks; and ensure proper uniform attire per company GMP Policy,
including any required workstation specific PPE’s required for shift.
3. Ensure accurate and timely Attendance Management reporting.
4. Coordinate employees for their shift to setup equipment and stocking workstations with ingredients and/or packing material from the warehouse, including PPE inventory control at plant office for the shift.
5. Manage the production process to completion as defined by the production schedule as assigned by the Production Manager for the shift.
6. Coordinate and print labels (outside and inside) for scheduled production for the day.
7. Follow Health and Safety Procedures including machine safety at all times.
8. Onboard and train new employees for their line position, and provide Health and Safety orientation.
9. Report any food safety, health and safety issues to the QC Manager and Plant Manager.
1. Manage and problem-solve issues relating to trays, washing area, or employee shortage by rotating shift employees from one position to the next position to ensure smooth and effective production
2. Monitor employees and each work station, from mixing stage to packaging stage to freezer storage, ensuring accurate and timely recording of activities.
3. Ensure products meet the CT Bakery standard regarding safety and quality at all times.
4. Ensure every rack in the production line is correctly tagged for inventory control,
i.e. clearly identify: Date, Time, Product Name, Customer Name, and PO #.
5. Ensure ALL plant doors are closed at all times.
6. Coordinate oil filtering of the fryers and the KK line on instructions from the Production Manager.
End of Shift:
1. Ensure all racks are properly identified, wrapped and moved away from the area to enable washing activities overnight.
2. Ensure that leftover ingredients and packaging material is properly labelled and stored away, i.e. clearly identify Product Name and Lot #, and return to dry storage, packaging material storage, or freezer.
3. Turn off all machines, instruct night cleaner for specific duties.
4. Update waste report.
5. Perform post-operational plant inspection.
6. Report any food safety, health and safety issues to the QC Manager and/or Plant Manager.
7. File detailed shift report with all findings regarding employees, equipment, finished production, and any other pertinent issues.
Reference ID: JD-07
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 /year