Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic (Afternoon Shift)
Division: Bailey Metal Products Limited – Concord
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Job Purpose Summary
The main purpose of this position is to help maintain and repair plant production equipment for the afternoon shift. This includes but is not limited to: roll forming lines, folder, brake press, shear, cut to length line, and stamping presses. The objective of this position is that the Maintenance Mechanic has experience maintaining all aspects of production equipment and safety systems.
The individual is expected to repair and maintain plant equipment both as part of a team and independently. The individual is expected to meet job completion targets set by the maintenance supervisor and the plant manager. The individual will be trained on proper maintenance procedures by experienced mechanics and the maintenance supervisor. They will be expected to follow safety protocols, assist others when required, and work as part of the maintenance team.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform repairs on production equipment as required
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and follow proper procedures
- Help minimize equipment downtime by reacting quickly to equipment issues
- Keep the maintenance supervisor apprised of long term work or repairs
- Work with machine operators when troubleshooting equipment problems
- Keep notes on known issues and potential line improvements
- Abide by all Health & Safety rules, safe practices and requirements laid out by Bailey
- Keep work areas clean and free of obstructions
- Any additional duties as assigned by supervisor
Health and Safety:
- Maintain working knowledge of all Health & Safety policies.
- Correct and communicate on any unsafe acts/conditions to plant/ safety manager.
- Support and promote all aspects of the corporate Health & Safety program.
- Perform regular workplace inspections, both scheduled and unscheduled.
- Monitor accident frequency and history and analysis injury data.
- Report all accidents/incidents promptly, conduct investigation & act on recommendations.
- Comply with all Bailey’s safety programs, confidentiality and legal requirements.
- Maintain a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Participate in the company’s quarterly inventory count.
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned by the Plant Manager.
- General working knowledge of safe electrical practices
- Must have electrical trouble shooting experience
- 5-7 years equipment maintenance experience
- Knowledge and use of hand an power tools, grinder, cutting torch, welding machine
- Manual machining experience an asset
- Hydraulic system experience an asset
- Pneumatic system experience an asset
- High School Graduate, proficient in speaking and writing English
- Personal attributes include ethical, open-minded, observant, and tenacious
- Quick learner, team player with initiative
- Capable of meeting deadlines
- Able to work afternoon shift
- Forklift license an asset
- Overhead Crane certification an asset
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically able to lift materials up to 50 pounds
- Overtime and weekend work where required
The Bailey Group of Companies welcomes and encourages diverse work teams and welcomes diversity and inclusion. All applicants who apply will be considered. Candidates with disabilities will be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We encourage those who may need accommodations to reach out to our recruitment team so we may understand your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time
- electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance Mechanic: 3 years (Preferred)