SourceKnowledge is a fast-growing technology company, is seeking Accounting Manager to join our team. This position reports directly to the Comptroller and to the President of the company.
This position is responsible for ensuring a high degree of confidentiality and accuracy in execution and reporting as outlined below.
- Perform the duties typical of an Accounting Manager.
- Act as the “owner” of the general ledger and all transactional processes (sales/receivables/receipts, purchases/payables/payments, general accounting, inventory processing, deferred revenue, banking, financing, etc.) to ensure that all financial transactions are recorded promptly and accurately.
- Manage Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Credit and Collections. Manage short term cash flow by forecasting and monitoring collection of accounts receivables while developing relationships with key suppliers to preserve and where possible increase credit terms and limits.
- Work closely with other departments in the company including sales, business development, IT department, marketing, ad operations, etc., to ensure the “business processes” affecting and linking with the transactional processes are aligned, and are as efficient as possible, and that financial and management reporting is useful and encourages accountability.
- Maintain accounting controls by recommending and establishing policies and procedures.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Assist the Comptroller, President and senior management as required.
- Other duties as developed and assigned (above responsibilities are not an exhaustive listing).
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in senior accounting roles, with strong business acumen and confidentiality.
- Enjoys leading a team with a track record for excellent results.
- Able to work effectively with and influence all levels of an organization.
- Advanced Excel skills. Intermediate level with PowerPoint and Word.
- Advanced skills with accounting software such as QuickBooks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, late stage start-up environment.
- Adaptable and possess ability to learn and drive change.
- Bilingual an asset.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, excellent English communications skills (written/verbal) and strong interpersonal skills.
SourceKnowledge helps e-commerce brands ignite sales by advertising their products on premium digital channels. The company uses proprietary algorithms and machine learning software to traffic campaigns, with the resulting data made transparent and available to its customers through online analytics and order ID reporting. Because of this data driven audience segmentation process, SourceKnowledge can target and constantly refine the most effective ad delivery for its customers.
Founded in 2009, SourceKnowledge is headquartered in downtown Montreal, accessible directly from Peel metro. We have offices in Toronto, Vancouver and clients worldwide.
We believe in a good work/life balance, and provide a great casual work atmosphere. We provide health insurance plan, stock options, three weeks vacation and a week off at Christmas. We are strong believers in professional development and encourage our employees to engage in training to upgrade and maintain their skills, which we sponsor.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)