- Product development experience (including C++, Java, XML, messaging protocols, and Web Services)
- Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related program and/or technical product management in a software applications environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
Are you a hands-on leader that can make a huge impact on a dynamic, fast moving business? Are you equally comfortable digging in to business requirements as drilling into architecture and design with development teams? Do you have a passion for bringing the best experience to our customers? Then this is the position for you. Amazon's Recruiting Tech team needs a world class Technical Program Manager to own and launch the tools that our recruiting teams use to hire at Amazon.
This role requires working closely with product management to define strategy and requirements, and leading development teams from design through delivery and subsequent operation. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and product strategy. Excellent listening, writing skills and very strong technical competency are essential.
The ideal candidate has experience through multiple complete product development cycles, possesses superior analytical abilities and product judgment. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
Qualified candidates have experience defining projects and features, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
- Prior experience as a software developer