Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2018, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
This position must be located in Canada.
Bilingual (French/English) is preferred.
About the Position:
The Manager Implementation is responsible for end-to-end delivery of Ceridian HCM solutions through a team of consultants, project managers and other subject matter experts. Key responsibilities include; project staffing, sponsorship and profitability, customer relationship management, and people management. In addition, the Manager, Implementation contributes to the growth of the Implementation practice and may participate in the sales cycle to determine scope and effort, and set expectations for project delivery.
Achieve and Exceed Implementation Targets
- Ensure team targets are met
- Manage a project portfolio to ensure quality, on-time and on-budget implementations using a mix of global resources
- Support the sales cycle through scoping and approval of engagements, executive level prospect meetings and solution reviews
Increase the Value of the Ceridian Application for Customers
- Expand services sales in the existing customer base by promoting strict change control and effective project governance
- Collaborate with Ceridian partners and provide Ceridian sponsorship and governance on partner-led implementations
- Team with Service Delivery Managers and Support teams to promote user adoption and effective use of the implemented solution
Ensure High Customer Satisfaction and Referencability
- Ensure adherence to highest quality standards in project delivery consistently utilizing Ceridian HCM tools, techniques and methodology
- Manage executive level customer relationships and provide team oversight through Ceridian implementations
- Actively engage as project sponsor, including participation in Steering Committee meetings, executive touch points and other key governance activities
- Responsible for project staffing and resource management on a broad range of implementation engagements
- Motivate teams to document solutions and contribute to internal knowledge share
- Demonstrate thought leadership to resolve customer & business challenges; proactively address project escalations
- Participate in the company’s internal, departmental and cross-departmental initiatives
Increase Engagement and Capabilities of Team Resources
- Hire, train and manage a team of new and experienced resources to execute effectively and fulfill practice objectives
- Leverage shared implementation services and subject matter experts to augment team core skills and increase project to resource ratios
- Provide coaching and mentoring to improve performance and drive career development
- Build team expertise and confidence in project delivery work through real-time feedback and coaching and effective training plans
- Execute day-to-day administrative tasks such as: project and practice reporting updates, vacation scheduling, expense reporting, etc. in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree or post graduate coursework an asset
- 7+ years of experience in human capital management applications consulting preferred
- 5+ years in Consultant role with Ceridian HCM an asset
- Strong background in leading software implementation projects including experience developing project team structures and governance models
- Demonstrated experience translating customer business requirements into workable software solutions
- Proven experience in change management and business process mapping
- Ability and willingness to travel to prospect and customer sites as needed
Technical Skills Requirements
- Mastery in Microsoft Office products
- Consulting and management experience in a SaaS / Cloud computing environment
- Experience with one or more of the following applications in addition to Ceridian HCM: SalesForce.com, SAP, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Kronos, Workbrain/Infor, RedPrairie/JDA, Ultimate, Oracle HR/Payroll, PeopleSoft, ADP, Workday
- Expert knowledge of common human capital management (HCM) business practices
- Ability to effectively implement all Ceridian HCM modules an asset
- Deep understanding of different industries and how Ceridian implementation best practices apply to the customer’s business practices
- Ability to prepare and present documents to prospects and customers on Ceridian's Implementation approach and best practices; ability to sell the value of Ceridian's Implementation methodology to executive level prospects
- Previous services sales experience an asset; comfortable interacting with the Sales team and C level prospects to close deals
- Solid understanding of relational databases and SQL an asset
- Complete new release training on a timely basis; be familiar with new and/or enhanced functionality in each product release
- Ability to forecast and deliver on targets on a quarterly basis
Functional Skills Requirements
- Excellent customer relationship and business acumen
- Demonstrates full competence in business function
- Ability to provide direction to multiple projects, customers and prospects at the same time and manage competing priorities
- Excellent organization, communication and collaboration skills; ability to translate issues into business impacts and propose solutions that produce a win-win outcome
- Ability to effectively manage resources and performance to meet current and future demands
- Ability to coach and mentor consultants and project managers on consulting, solution delivery and change control tools and techniques
- Promotes and ensures team adherence to Implementation methodology, best practice guidelines and Consulting@Ceridian guidelines
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Sales team to provide implementation scoping and delivery guidance in the sales cycle
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.