York & Chapel is an international interactive digital agency with offices in NYC, Connecticut, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Toronto, and Vancouver. We are designers, writers and strategists who use today’s marketing technologies to build strong, vibrant communities around brands. As cultural technologists and marketers, we have many tools that are constantly changing and evolving. Our purpose is to offer them to each and every client in very customized and inspired ways.
Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Website Developer will be the conduit between the UI and UX design teams and work collaboratively with our project managers and developers to translate technical requirements to functioning web applications.
Y&C is a fast-paced environment. The candidate will need exceptional project management and time management skills, along with a flexible, fun-loving and positive attitude, to succeed in this role. You just never know when it comes to working with clients.
Responsibilities: Here's what you'll be doing.
- Web Development experience for both mobile and desktop required.
- Requirement analysis: Determining what, if any, additional information is needed in order to complete a task/project and reaching out to the correct entities in order to obtain this information, communicating about any potential misunderstandings
- Designing: Foreseeing problems that could arise during coding and then preventing them by planning out any development beforehand, researching and quickly evaluating the viability of any tools or techniques that could accelerate development while simultaneously increasing the durability/performance/readability of the resulting code
- Coding: Doing so in a way that adheres to company best practices, and that correctly implements the design and addresses the requirements
- Testing/debugging: Planning and carrying out tests (use-case analysis, unit testing, integration testing), detecting bugs in existing products and communicating about them or fixing them as appropriate
- Documentation: Authoring of documentation needed by users and implementation partners
- Innovation: Noticing and proposing potential improvements to existing products
- Technical writing: Full stack developers are in charge of defining an application's scope and objectives. They draw up technical and functional specifications for written documentation
- Application architecture design: it's vital that full stack developers know how to organize and design applications, structure code, separate files, set up proper file hosting, and configure databases
- Designing, developing, and consuming APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Familiarity with technical issues around web development and ability to work constructively with web development teams
- Research and share trends in website development that can be implemented into our work
- Compulsive attention to detail
- Presentation skills and grasp of cross-functioning team demands.
Required: Here's what you need to have.
- Expert Knowledge of responsive web design techniques
- Advance knowledge of front end frameworks: Bootstrap, CMS websites, Wordpress
- Intermediate skills working with RDMS and NoSQL data solutions
- Experience building and using Restful APIs
- Comfortable working with Linus at command line, Git, deployment architecting (test, stage, production), Composer, Redis, AWS Solutions, Laravel, Webpack, Vagrant, HTML, CSS
- Package managers such as NPM, Yarn, Composer
- WordPress custom theme & plugin development
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Package managers such as NPM, Yarn, Composer
WordPress custom theme & plugin development
- Build tools like Grunt, Gulp, and Bower
- Git Version Control
- Code optimization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical writing and client presentations
- Understanding of UI/UX design
- Understanding basic SEO concepts and adhering to them
- Able to make some UI decisions during programming
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and client presentations
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years of website development experience in an agency or similar environment
- Experience in working with UI/UX designers and development teams
- Ability to adapt to changing project scopes and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem solver, specifically within the domain of software development
- Enjoys programming
- Excellent understanding of security vulnerabilities in the software stack, and familiarity with risk mitigation strategies
- Excellent time management skills to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills and able to resolve issues on the fly
- Understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms (Less, Sass, SCSS)
- Experience with version control tools such as Git
- Experience with backend languages such as PHP or Python
- Python (+Django)
- React Native
- UI design capabilities
About York & Chapel:
How does technology live happily with big brain brand strategy and dynamic shareable social content? How do one-of-kind experiences play nice with meticulous measureable results? At Y&C we elegantly solve the rubik’s cube of marketing challenges every day for some of the world’s most notable companies.
That’s Technology Beautifully Articulated.
York & Chapel is an agency with 18 years experience in looking at the world through an ever-evolving technology filter – going beyond traditional website development, mobile applications and microsites to a place few agencies tread. Join a team of talented designers, developers writers, strategists and account managers who are just as passionate as you are about bringing innovative and cutting-edge ideas to life. Some of our current clients include Fortune 500 companies in technology, entertainment, telecommunications and luxury goods.
This is York & Chapel.
Program and campaign strategy and development, enterprise UI/UX, branding, creative development, marketing, mobile and emerging platforms, social media, website design and implementation.
Terms of employment: Full Time Contract
Please send your resume or a PDF via INDEEDmail
In subject line please say “Y&C Website Developer”
No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Wordpress: 3 years (Preferred)
- Web Development: 3 years (Required)
- Back End Development: 3 years (Required)
- agency: 3 years (Preferred)
- Front End Development: 3 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)