State Window Corporation is a PROFIT 500 manufacturing and construction company located in Vaughan ON. State manufactures, designs and installs window wall, curtain wall and railing systems for high rise condominiums.
State is looking to hire a Field Manager for the Curtain Wall division. Apply today if you are a qualified applicant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Field Operations, the Curtain Wall Field Manager shall direct, oversee, and be responsible for all on-site elements and functions that relate directly and indirectly to the design, manufacture, delivery, and installation of products on projects assigned to him or her. Working as part of an established organization structure and within standard protocols and procedures by which all work undertaken is conducted, the Field Manager shall:
- Minimum of 2 site visits per project each week;
- Schedule the Start-Up meeting with the Site Superintendent once assigned as the FM for the given project;
- Arrange for mock-up installation, if required;
- Perform site measurement, if necessary, providing information to Engineering;
- Participate in kick-off meeting for installation with the lead Installer and Engineering;
- Create a project binder for documents issued to Installer;
- Take the Installer for walkthrough and orientation on site;
- Schedule safety inspection, Competent Supervisor form and JHA prior to first delivery;
- Schedule site orientation for the installation crew(s);
- Ensure unloading and access are coordinated with site, Installer, and Shipping;
- Review all procedures with the Safety Coordinator, Installer(s) and other site personnel prior to the start of window deliveries and installation;
- Spot check or assign someone to completed deliveries to ensure accuracy; report damages and/or missing materials within 24-48 hours;
- Follow up on all safety documentation of the Installation crew(s);
- Provide detail review to the VP of Field Operations including but not limited to any changes required to standard installation process, swing stage requirements, and equipment for installation;
- Perform co-ordination between site and Shipping for delivery of the windows;
- Supervise the installation on day-to-day basis including workmanship and compliance of details per approved shop drawings;
- Maintain chronological photo history of project development to monitor progress of installation and risk management;
- Ensure that all reports received within 2 weeks for deficiencies are addressed in a timely manner;
- Perform walk through on a module by module basis and send up-to-date list to Engineering.
- Follow up with Service, Plant Operations, Shipping and other crews for completion of the work. Maintain a log on deficiencies and outstanding items;
- Ensure Installers are preparing ahead to prevent weather delays;
- Review and approve installer’s invoices and ensure paperwork is correct before submitting with full explanation of any extra costs;
- Do walk-through with Site Super on a regular basis and obtain sign-offs for completed work;
- Ensure installer has most up-to-date quantities and changes due to extras;
- Arrange for any equipment required to complete work – swing stage and the like; ensure equipment rental charges end when it is no longer needed;
- Prepare and provide as-built marked up drawings to Engineering reflecting the changes that have been made during installation;
- Attend site meetings and field tests;
- Review your information for Progress Draw with the Vice President of Field Operations before submitting it to the Billing Coordinator;
- Represent SWC, as requested, in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and suppliers.
- Minimum 2-3+ years of field management or project coordination experience;
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Architectural Technology Construction Management or Civil Engineering;
- Intermediate level position for incumbents wishing to pursue a career in Field/Project Management;
- Detail oriented with the ability to read architectural drawings;
- Knowledgeable in the industry and knows about the products and systems;
- Ability to problem solve and find enterprising solutions;
- Full understanding of measuring on site with tools;
- Discretion, judgment, and tact to handle confidential information; and
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Work may involve some exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and loud noises.
- Work environment requires wearing PPE for all site work and in certain other locations;
- Requires driving a company vehicle to visit sites, clients or Site Supers;
- Full Health and Safety training required (Working at Heights, WHMIS);
- Follow Health and Safety standards on site; and
- Flexible to work overtime as required
Health/dental medical benefits, prescription glasses, 2 weeks-vacation, 6 personal days, yearly salary review, yearly performance-based bonuses, bagels every Friday, monthly pizza lunches to celebrate our birthdays, summer hours, discounted group home/auto insurance, Goodlife Fitness corporate membership, RRSP program, staff social events and more…
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). SWC will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- Field Management: 2 years (Preferred)