Established in 1971, U-Pak Disposals is privately held and Canadian owned and operated. With over 200+ vehicles, servicing the Greater Toronto and Canada, U-Pak’s mission is to provide its clients with an organized and efficient methodology for controlling and managing their waste and the environment around them.
As a Maintenance Handy Man, you will be tasked with various duties that include but are not limited to, facility up keep inside and outside, such as yard work, sweeping dusting shoveling and some carpentry installations or task. You will also be responsible for minor electrical maintenance such as changing some light bulbs inside the facility and the office area, help out with minor plumbing issues and other maintenance duties in and around the maintenance shop and the facility in general.
The Duties below include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain inside and outside facilities cleanliness by sweeping, dusting etc.
- Perform light maintenance repairs
- Paint and fill gaps or crevices (on walls, baseboards, etc.)
- Change faulty bulb/florescent and or install new ones
- Repair equipment or appliances if required
- Assist maintenance crew with electrical, plumbing or carpentry repairs
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks
- Identify and report the need for major and minor repairs
- Must be able to undertake task that involves peaching, pushing or pulling, stretching, lifting and bending.
- Must be able to work above or below shoulder height and moving furniture up and down stairs
- Regularly check community spaces to identify issues with litter, mechanical failure or breakdowns.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification required.
- Manlift License would be an asset
- A minimum of 1 year working experience in a similar role.
- Basic experience with plumbing and electrical systems.
- Ability to work with hardware tools and power equipment.
- Must be able to work inside and in outside environments
- Must be able to lift between 20 – 60lbs
- Extremely organized and good communication skills.
- Detail-orientated with an aptitude for problem-solving.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Salary
- Professional Development
- Diverse working environment
- Family based working culture
- Company sponsored events
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 /hour
- Handy Man (Building Maintenance): 1 year (Preferred)