Who are we?
From pioneer to leader in the security industry, Genetec has always been committed to providing the most innovative solutions. Today, we offer world-class IP security solutions with our unified security platform encompassing license plate recognition (LPR), video surveillance and access control. Genetec has been recognized as one of Montreal’s top employers for 13 years running.
Join the Genetec Software Security Group and help us embed security practices into the way we build software.
Genetec produces a lot of software and all those applications needs to be secure.
The application security Engineer will work closely with Genetec's hundreds of developers and QA testers in order to help them design, build, deploy and maintain secure applications.
The Genetec Software Security Group is a young team of individuals really passionate about security and is looking to share that passion with new team members. New ideas and personal initiative are encouraged.
Responsibilities:What your day will look like:
- Consulting on security architecture related to desktop applications, web applications, embedded applications, mobile applications and cloud applications.
- Working with security architects in Threat Modelling activities in order to identify security vulnerabilities, quantify risks and develop mitigation plans
- Acting as a subject matter expert and provide guidance for product teams as it relates to application security
- Performing security assessment and penetration testing in an ad hoc fashion on various applications
- Performing secure code reviews in a manual or automated way
- Enabling security testing at Genetec by researching, evaluating, implementing and maintaining automated static analysis tools and dynamic analysis tools.
- Performing investigation on new technologies, tools, security standards and processes to improve Genetec's security posture
- Responding immediately when product security-related incident occurs and perform root cause analysis
- Contributing to the development and the delivery of Genetec security awareness and training program
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, Computer Security or equivalent
- Experience in software development. Candidate has to know how to program.
- Passion about anything related to computer security
- Good communication skills
- Must be functional in French and English (the working environment is mostly in French)
- Knowledge and experience with a .NET programming language, C++ or web programming (.NET related)
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Experience in application security, software security, cryptography, network security or system security
- Good knowledge of the .NET security features and internal working
- Good knowledge of the Windows' security features and their internal working
- Experience with Threat Modelling, Architectural Risk Analysis or other security risk identification methods
- Experience on finding vulnerabilities in real products (bug bounty)
Why you'll love Genetec
- Attractive compensation package
- Work-life balance
- Flexible working schedule
- Free, unlimited coffee
- Private free parking for all emloyees
- Onsite gym