Stellar (www.stellar.aero) is reimagining and revolutionizing business aviation. We’re bringing together advanced technologies to build the most complete and innovative operations management solution for operators, corporate flight departments, brokers, and their customers. With a new technology platform, built from the ground up for this purpose, Stellar will make business aviation simple, transparent, and accessible. Our people are what will make this exciting transformation possible.
As a UX Design Manager, you will lead the team that is responsible for designing the future at Stellar. Your role will include the research, planning, and design of user-centric experiences. From concept to realization, you and your team will be working alongside product managers and engineers toward a shared goal. You will be expected to use your full range of research, product design, interaction design, and visual design skills to inspire your team to tackle complex business problems with outstanding design solutions.
Who We're Looking For:
- Inspire, lead and grow a world-class UX Design team, currently consisting of 4 UX Designers
- Be the lead advocate for design in the company. Build cross-functional relationships and educate others on the role of UX Design.
- Understand the market and our customers. Develop expertise in the business aviation industry and ecosystem.
- Design and conduct user research using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Leverage UX insights to influence product strategy and roadmap
- Guide the team in creating storyboards, user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and clickable prototypes to iterate on design direction
- Guide the team in refining the visual language of our products, and building out our design library and design patterns
- Stay abreast of current UX trends and technologies
- At least 8 years of design experience, and at least 3 years as a people manager leading high-performing UX Design teams for complex products
- Ability to mentor junior and senior UX Designers, and to provide guidance to bring out their best work
- Ability to build the processes to recruit and hire excellent UX Design team members
- Strong individual design skills and willingness to dive in with individual design work when necessary
- A portfolio showcasing exceptional ability in interaction and visual design
- Expert-level proficiency in tools such as Sketch, Invision, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of design patterns across different platforms
- Experience designing and shipping Design Systems
- Comfort in working with distributed teams
- Ability to commute and work in our Vancouver location
- Bonus points: you have a deep interest in aviation
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive salary & equity based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Catered Lunches
- Company Social Events
- Get in on the ground floor of a highly-collaborative, rapidly-growing startup disrupting the aviation industry
- Note: Perks are subject to change at company discretion