EVAS Air Ltd. is hiring for an Avionics Engineer Apprentice for its Gander, NL base. As a proud partner of Air Canada operating as “Air Canada Express”, we offer a great career opportunity.
The Avionics Engineer Apprentice is directly responsible to the Maintenance Controller and to the Avionics Team Lead.
· Performing work in accordance with company manuals
· Perform in-house component repairs
· Work with Logistics & Planning to ensure parts, tools and equipment are available for upcoming maintenance events
· Performing required computer entries and functions
· Performing general visual inspections, detail visual inspections, conformity inspections, self-checks and independent checks
· Complying with company policies, procedures, and standards
· Ensuring any issues that could jeopardize production or airworthiness are raised in a timely manner
· Ensuring airworthiness and safety policies, processes and standards are complied with
· Perform avionic upgrades and installations
· Ensuring a safe and tidy workplace;
· Completion of accredited Avionics Training Program
· Endorsement/experience on the B1900D is an asset
· Occasional travel to Halifax, NS base may be required to support maintenance activities
· Proven ability to liaise with other Company personnel and outside agencies
· Must have a good understanding of Aircraft Maintenance Programs
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Flexibility to work shift work and overtime.
· Crew lead experience an asset
Closing Date: March 6th, 2020
EVAS offers a competitive salary, Air Canada Travel Passes, Company contributed RRSP plan, and Group Health Benefit package.
Being part of the Air Canada Express family allows you the opportunity to work with an airline committed to providing exceptional customer service and safety. Are you ready to join our dedicated team of professionals? If you are interested in this position, please apply directly to employment @ evasair. com
Exploits Valley Air Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent