This is a factory-direct showroom sales job for a growing custom wood door manufacturing company located in Vaughn and Concord, Ontario needing to add professionally trained sales and customer service staff. This role involves a combination of phone and face to face sales/service to guide and manage sales to custom home builders, contractors, designers, homeowners and architects. Products include custom made entrance door systems, interior wooden doors and can include selling whole house orders of moulding and trim products as well. These are high end premium custom products not sold in Home Centre stores.
This position is a base-plus-commission role and requires a proven sales professional able to manage as many as 75-150 job orders per year. Applicants must be familiar with general home building and knowledge of home construction or door products is a definite asset. You must be well organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of supporting a business in rapid growth mode.
- Provide product and design expertise to all customer types
- Produce detailed quotations and complete sales orders for all products
- Ability to create design drawings with AutoCad, Revit, or equivalent tools is an asset.
- Handle inbound customer inquiries, telephone sales, service and interact with suppliers and some light reception duties for phone and walk-in clients.
- Co-ordinate with operations and production staff and support outside sales staff to meet customer requirements for accurate, complete orders, on-time delivery and customer satisfaction
- Independantly manage computer based quotation/order/invoice and payment procedures to complete transactions.
- Maintain pricing and competitive knowledge necessary to win business in competitive bid situations.
- Contribute to designing overall layout, product content and samples inventory in the showroom.
- Maintain a professional, high quality , premium product and service attitude at all times.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in selling construction or home building products either wholesale or in retail building supply stores. Ideally has direct experience selling things such as building materials, windows and doors, interior design materials, flooring or finishing materials to the same types of customers.
- Candidates with any Professional sales training credentials, Post-secondary education including business, economics and sales or the equivalent successful work experience or proven direct product knowledge of custom wood door and trim products will be considered first.
- Proficient in use of computer applications including all MS Office tools, Email and any online or in-house Quoting/Order/Delivery/Invoicing system.
- Ability with any configuration, design or CAD software is a strong asset.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
Salary & Commissions:
- Equal to Industry competitive standards and also based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
- inside sales: 5 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)