Infrastructure Administrator, IT Infrastructure
Manager, Infrastructure & Security
As part of the IT Infrastructure team, the Infrastructure Admin is focused on managing Socan’s overall IT infrastructure comprised of best-in-class virtualization, compute, storage, network, telephony and cloud technologies. They will work closely with various technology teams and business stakeholders and be accountable for infrastructure delivery, configuration automation, monitoring of infrastructure assets, capacity planning, performance testing and optimization, troubleshooting and remediation.
Infrastructure components include:
- Deployment, maintenance and monitoring of all infrastructure assets.
- Establishing and implementing secure configurations for servers, network devices such as firewalls, routers, switches using industry benchmarks such as CIS.
- Continuous vulnerability assessment and remediation.
- Capacity planning and performance monitoring.
- Data protection and recovery.
- Incident response and change management.
- Maintenance, monitoring and analysis of logs.
- Participate in the design of future SOCAN infrastructure needs.
- Responsible for deploying and supporting WAN, LAN, Wireless LAN, internet and intranet network including Cisco routers, switches, Meraki wireless APs, and Cisco/Meraki/Palo Alto firewalls.
- Support for VMWare ESXi 6.x Infrastructure and IaaS/PaaS infrastructure in Azure cloud
- Vmware NSX
- Cisco MDS configuration and troubleshooting
- Administration, provisioning, optimization of Netapp, Pure & HPE 3par all-flash storage systems
- Windows/ Linux operating system support, performance troubleshooting and managing services such as DNS, DHCP and RADIUS.
- Support of Cisco UCS compute hardware.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Managing Cisco CUCM.
- Supporting Five9 Contact Center and building & troubleshooting IVR scripts.
- Azure cloud PBX setup and support.
- Strengths in Cisco networking and VMWare NSX, VMWare/ Azure based virtualization technologies and Pure/ HPE 3Par storage arrays.
- Knowledge of automating infrastructure delivery and configuration using tools such as terraform, chef, puppet, ansible.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Post-secondary education or an equivalent of related education and experience.
- IT Certifications preferred
- Working knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and change management procedures and roles.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING? Qualified applicants are invited to visit SOCAN’s career site to submit their resume http://www.socan.ca/about/careers . Applications through email or regular mail will not be accepted. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Skills may be tested and selection will be based on factors, related experience and alignment of skills.
Applications must be submitted by 06/19/2020.
SOCAN is committed to providing accommodations for disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you confidentially to meet your needs. Please direct any accommodation requirements to the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOCAN connects more than four-million music creators worldwide and more than a quarter-million businesses and individuals in Canada. Nearly 150,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers are its direct members, and more than 130,000 organizations are Licensed To Play music across Canada. With a concerted use of progressive technology and a commitment to lead the global transformation of music rights, with wholly-owned subsidiaries Audiam and MediaNet, SOCAN is dedicated to upholding the fundamental truths that music has value and music creators and publishers deserve fair compensation for their work.
For more information: