Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The Facility Supervisor is responsible for supporting the Facility Manager ensuring the building, building systems, warehouse equipment, and exterior grounds are maintained at an extremely high level of reliability and safe operating condition.
· Coordination of environmental systems operations including heating, ventilation, refrigeration and air-conditioning
· Maintaining effective operation and inspections of ammonia refrigeration system
· Provide routine maintenance assistance for refrigerated and non-refrigerated mechanical devices including all warehouse equipment
· Provide leadership, guidance, coaching, support and succession planning to team members.
· Conducting facility inspections on a regular basis and reporting any unusual occurrences, damage and/or anticipated issues
· Work with outside contractors and/or vendors, including fire department and inspectors
· Supports in Facility inspections
· Attends the Occupational Health and Safety Committee meetings as the maintenance representative.
· Oversees regulatory and policy compliance related to: food safety, employment standards, human rights, environmental, as well as occupational health and safety
· Demonstrating commitment to the organization & compliance with all Sysco policies
· Supports in 24-hour emergency maintenance services
· Participates and supports in Audits
· Supports in monitoring work performed by outside contractors
· Supports with special projects and other duties as assigned by the Facility Manager
· Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising Sysco’s Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role.
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum Refrigeration Operator Certificate or 4th class power engineer, prefer 3rd class power engineer.
· Experience working with Ammonia is required
· Flexible Schedule, ability to work an afternoon/night shift when required
· A minimum of five (5+) years’ experience in a facilities or fleet maintenance/management role.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
· Ability to communicate with all levels within the Sysco organization in a professional manner.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts * Short-Term and Long-Term Disability * Life Insurance * Company Pension Plan * Group RRSP * Employee and Family Assistance * Stock Purchase Plan * Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University * Sysco product discounts * Preferred vendor discounts (Apple, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, etc.) * Free on-site parking * Employee appreciation events * (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)
Job Type: Full-time