DO YOU HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING OF AND A PASSION FOR FINANCIAL SERVICES SUCH AS MUTUAL FUNDS AND LIFE INSURANCE? THEN THIS JOB COULD BE FOR YOU!
About MBI Financial
At MBI Financial we are dedicated to providing our clients with suitable solutions for the various stages of their lives, through asset accumulation (savings & investing), retirement planning and estate planning. Each one of our clients have dreams and goals as individual as they are, and we understand that there is not a “one size fits all” strategy to achieving success in one’s journey through life.
MBI Financials’ vision is to provide long-standing solutions and service to our clients and their families. Our commitment is to ensure that our interest is always in the client’s best interest and to maintain a caring practice that comes from a high level of service, industry knowledge and professionalism.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for a permanent full-time position, preferably with experience in the insurance and investment industry, to provide support in a wide variety of ongoing administrative operations. By exemplifying a professional service-oriented attitude, you will assist the Investment Fund Representatives by providing a high level of service to our clients. The ideal candidate is highly motivated to be an active participant in the growth of the firm, a quick learner, with a focus on providing outstanding client service. Unlicensed Administrative Assistants are expected to pursue and successfully complete the Investment Funds in Canada (IFC) course or the Canadian Securities Course within 12 months of your hire date as you work toward being a licensed Administrative Assistant.
What do you need to succeed?
- Time Management
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Decision Making and Judgment
- Sound integrity, good judgement and high ethical standards of conduct
- Planning and Organizing
- Stress Management
Specific job duties:
- Present a positive and professional image to all visitors, clients, prospects and staff
- Administrative support for three Investment Fund Representatives
- Follow up on client service matters with clients, head office and back office administration by responding to their inquiries in a professional, pleasant, and timely manner.
- Proactively manage emails by prioritizing urgent requests and, at times, responding to client needs on behalf of the representatives
- Manage all aspects of the representative’s calendars to ensure meetings are prioritized
- Preparation of account transactions and policy changes with follow up of settlement and delivery in an accurate and timely fashion
- Maintain client management with updates of client files and process in service cycle
- Schedule portfolio reviews, insurance policy for renewals, conversions and guarantee maturities
- Prepare client review materials, correspondence and reports
- Utilize contact management system for daily task management and client record-keeping
- Assist in filing and preparing mailings
- Fulfill all other administrative duties such as answering calls, maintain office organization and support to other administrative assistants
- Post secondary education
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Administrative assistant experience or other secretarial position: Minimum 1 year
- Ability to perform with professionalism and poise
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with a team as well as independently
- Able to be proactive and take initiative to respond intuitively in an appropriate and timely manner
- Accuracy, exceptional time management skills and attention to detail are key requirements.
- Relies on experience and judgement to make decisions
- Highly organized and effective at owning tasks and prioritizing them
- Well-developed communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience in investment and/or insurance industry: 2 years
- Proficiency in Maximizer
- Mutual Funds License (IFIC) an asset
- Life Insurance License (LLQP) an asset
What’s in it for you
Along with competitive wages, we also offer:
- Group RRSP, insurance benefits and performance bonus
- A friendly working environment with a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Being part of a team that offers the best experience by doing what is right and caring for our clients
- Opportunity to expand your knowledge and skill set with an established firm
- Full-time regular work schedule of Monday to Friday
- Career development and access to job opportunities when available
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $33,150.00 to $37,050.00 /year
- adminstrative assistant: 1 year (Required)
- investment and/or insurance industry: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- * Fluent in English, both written and spoken (Required)