Spend your summer with our International youth (ages 9-17) at our residential summer camp taking place at the UBC Campus. The Activity Leader position requires energy and enthusiasm as you support our International students in their daily life. The position is residential, requiring staff to live onsite so that they can provide guidance and nurturing to our young students. Salary is $650 per week with accommodation and meals included. Contract period varies from 1 to 6 weeks, with the fullest possible contract being Friday, June 26th - Sunday, Aug. 9th, 2020. Please review duties and qualifications required below.
Please note that this posting is for residential Activity Leaders and requires the candidate to live onsite.
Please contact with a resume to request an application form.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Welcome students on the first Sunday with orientation around the site, checking into rooms, and providing initial ‘getting to know you’ entertainment as directed by the Activity Manager.
· Supervise the ‘going to bed’ and ‘getting up’ routines, morning and afternoon breaks, evening meal times, and homework supervision on a rotation basis.
· Monitor the health and safety, welfare and discipline of students, anticipating discrimination, bullying, and damage always notifying a member of the management team.
· Monitor the whereabouts of students through roll-calls at assembly, lunch-time and in the evenings, ensuring that curfews are kept and bed-times respected.
· Attend staff meetings on weekdays for briefings, activity preparation, liaising with the academic team and training.
· Take responsibility for leading assigned activities and groups during excursions
· Encourage full and enthusiastic involvement by students in the scheduled social program, leading by example.
· Complete attendance records of students as required and reports on non-attendance or ill-discipline.
· Co-operate with the Activity Manager, and also on occasions with agents and accreditation inspectors, in the observation and evaluation of activities.
· Supervise the departure of the students on their departure day , checking beds and facilities, collecting keys as appropriate, escorting students and luggage to pick-up points at agreed times.
· Assist with arrivals and departures of students, checking bedrooms and facilities, escorting students on airport transfers as and when required etc.
· All other reasonable requests
Skills and Attributes
· Experience of working with teenagers in a camp or residential environment
· Enthusiasm, energy and motivational skills
· CPR / First Aid / Lifeguard certification
· Instructor experience e.g sports, drama, dance, arts and crafts etc.
Additional Requirements of the Job:
· Live onsite at the residence during the summer post
· Arrival at least two days before course start date for training and orientation
· Attendance on up to six days per week including participation in social program activities as scheduled
· Appropriate completion of a criminal background check will be required if requested
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
Due to the large number of resumes received, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted, or will receive a response. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 8 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide, and Melbourne, Australia.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $650.00 /week