Work collaboratively to design, build, test, deploy and maintain scalable, high performing, cross-browser compatible, responsive applications with technologies such as React, Express, Node.js, RESTful API, HTML5 and CSS in accordance with specifications, policies, procedures, and best practices.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Collaborate with peers, project managers, architects, business analysts and business users in estimating and developing software applications and enhancements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle with well written, testable, and efficient code.
- Diagnose and address complex problems where analysis of issues or data requires in-depth evaluation of various contributing factors.
- Develop unit tests, integration tests, and smoke tests for features that you develop and maintain.
- Working closely with Business Analysts to understand and interpret requirements as well as translating requirements into development specifications.
- Collaborate with QA team to address reported issues and variances, and resolve questions about test results.
- Collaborate with Technology Standards team to ensure the application components are in compliance with UI/UX guidelines and other standards
- Document and communicate issues, gaps, task progress and improvement ideas with Development Team Lead and Project Manager.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for application components, development environment with Knowledge Base Articles and case studies as necessary.
Experience in ReactJS – Min 2 years
Nice to have:
- Experience with using REST APIs with Front-end Components, preferably React – Min 1 year
- Experience in HTML5, CSS3 – Min 2 years
- Knowledge of authorization mechanisms such as JWT, OAuth
- Strong knowledge of NodeJS and experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, npm
- Strong knowledge of Build tools such as grunt or gulp and Unit Testing tools such as Karma or Jest
- Strong knowledge of AJAX, JSX, Virtual DOM, Sentry, state management library (Flux or Redux)
- Strong analytical and communication skills
What you can expect from us:
- CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Knowledge of responsive development (using any grid/responsive library e.g. Bootstrap)
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.