The Manufacturing Manager will ensure the various functions of the operations group interact cohesively to meet the overall goals of the corporation. This individual will also provide clear direction and leadership to the production supervisors through goal setting and timely feedback. Must maintain a clear focus on the tactical & strategic plans of the facility and ensure that they are closely aligned with corporate goals and objectives.
The position is to start in January 2020.
- Be the lead for all safety related plant practices, LOTO, JSA’s, START cards, etc, ensuring the production environment and team members are always operating safely.
- Member of plant Safety Committee with a strong commitment to safety.
- Optimize production staffing plan to maximize effective cost structure.
- Drive overall improvements based on data from our OEE and Tableau systems.
- Work with various teams inside and outside the plant, to develop solutions that quickly resolve deviations from standards.
- Maintains housekeeping programs and standards that ensures production area is in optimal state at all times.
- Responsible for daily, weekly, monthly production performance and correcting negative trends quickly and permanently.
- In conjunction with the plant manager ensures production related spending remains within the designated budget, while monitoring and prioritizing activities to ensure maximum benefit and value.
- Leadership, development, and management of the production personnel to ensure the department operates safely, efficiently, and effectively.
- Network with production members in other Silgan locations to share best practices and optimize production processes.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly report outs on production performance, with analysis and countermeasures for not meeting targets.
- Assist in opportunities to reduce costs or improve performance through effective capital planning and/or work flow redesign.
- Timely and effective communication with Plant Manager and plant team on key production issues that impact, safety, quality, cost, or lead times.
- Provides support as needed for a 24 hour 7 day a week blow molding operation.
- Ensure the utilization of the Company’s e-maintenance software.
- Ensure plant operates within compliance guidelines for government environmental standards including local, provincial, and federal requirements.
AUTHORITY LEVEL (if applicable):
Required: High School Diploma
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a Technical discipline.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a medium to large manufacturing facility with experience in a manufacturing management role
Must have a strong technical (maintenance) manufacturing background
5 - 10 years’ experience as a Production Manager in a Shuttle blow or 2 Step PET molding facility.
- An absolute commitment to safety.
- Excellent problem solving and general trouble shooting skills.
- strong technical (maintenance) manufacturing background.
- Proven leader with experience supervising a in a high-speed production environment.
- Good computer skills with Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Bilingual spoken: English - French
- Working with a Total Preventative Maintenance System.
- Processing background in a blow molding facility.
- Troubleshooting experience with plastic blow molding experience.
LIMITATIONS & DISCLAIMER:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Silgan will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants and employees as required by law.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess and demonstrate the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Silgan Plastics considers applicants for all positions without regard to any protected status and provides accommodation to employees as required by law.
Job Type: Full-time