About the Senate
The Senate plays a unique role in shaping our country's democracy. As members of the upper house of Parliament, senators examine legislation, study public policy, champion causes and conduct interparliamentary diplomacy.
As a workplace, the Senate is composed of dynamic people representing our nation's diverse talents, backgrounds and perspectives. Build and advance your career by joining a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to excellence in support of senators and the institution.
How will you contribute?
The Supervisor, Service Desk and Telecommunications is accountable for providing operational oversight of business processes, operating practices, process flows, procedures and tools required for the effective management of the Senates Information Technologies ( IT) call centre. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of first and second support levels to Senate clients on all hardware, software, and telecommunications matters while overseeing a team of technicians and service desk coordinators. The successful candidate will also be accountable for the day-to-day operational oversight of telecommunications services delivery, advice and training to personnel and their staff.
Open to the general public staff one (1) permanent (full-time) position in the Information Services Directorate.
- University degree from a recognized institution in Information Technology OR acceptable combination of education, training and relevant experience;
- At least five (5) years of professional experience in a leadership role overseeing a support team offering IT services on hardware, software, and/or telecommunications equipment;
- Minimum ten (10) years experience in a technical support role;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively oversee business processes, operating practices, process flows and procedures that guide the prioritization and coordination of call centre services;
- Excellent communication skills are required to introduce new technologies in the workplace, and to provide guidance and advice to employees within the IT Service Centre;
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service in an evolving environment with competing priorities.
Developing Self & Others
The Senate of Canada is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive workplace where all employees are provided full and equal access to employment, development, and advancement opportunities.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates must consent to supply personal information and obtain a security accreditation in order to be eligible for appointment.
How to apply
Alternative selection tool methods and/or reasonable accommodation for special needs are available upon request.
The use of masculine gender in the text includes feminine and is used without discrimination.
Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required. You must consent to receiving e-mails from our system in your online profile.
The Senate of Canada reserves the right to retain a determined number of candidates who best meet the essential requirements of the position.
The Senate of Canada is a separate and distinct employer from the federal public service and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act.
We thank all those who apply to this selection process.
The posting closes at 11:59 p.m. EST on the closing date stated above.