We're ecobee, a proudly Canadian consumer product company that is transforming the smart home. Our mission is to create a "Helpful Home" – a home that listens, senses and responds to customer's needs. We do this by creating innovative, thoughtful and beautifully designed products that deliver comfort, enhance control and reduce energy waste & carbon emissions. So, they aren't just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
We created the worlds' first Wi-Fi connected smart thermostats that demystified heating and cooling equipment for users. We followed that with ecobee Room SensorTM technology that provided temperature information for whole home rather than just where thermostat is connected which enabled us to deliver greater comfort and savings to our customers. We then embedded a voice assistant into a thermostat and light switch at no additional cost to our customers but providing access to music, weather, knowledge-base and delivered whole home voice. We are innovative and creative and are out to create a "helpful home" through technology.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto is specifically looking for new member on the Product Marketing Team. We are a team full of creative ideas with a passion to build world class products and drive to get things done.
You will work directly with our Home Services team as Product Marketing Manager. This team grows a line of business at ecobee which helps homeowners by connecting them to additional services and products which make running their household easier, leveraging ecobee's smart home technology and innovations. Your first job will be to launch a brand new subscription service to the market and grow revenue into a 8-figure recurring revenue business. In addition to launching, and growing and optimizing the new subscription service, you'll be responsible for the overall Home Services strategy, including what to build next.
Ways you can contribute day one:
- Leads the creation of business plans which drive competitive advantage, revenue and market share
- Gains expert knowledge of the competitive landscape, how competitors are positioned, and continually assesses the competition to keep track of the direction in which they are moving
- Leverages deep market knowledge and best practices to deliver pricing, packaging and positioning strategies
- Expertly plans the launches of new products, manages the cross-functional implementation of the plan, and successfully navigates launch issues and changes in schedule
- Conducts surveys and customer interviews to be experts on how and why they buy the product
- Uses effective communication methods to enable the sales, marketing and creative teams
- Collaborates with product management and communications to develop product messaging that resonates with target buyer personas
- Communicates customer feedback to engineering, manufacturing and sales to enhance existing products or product lines
- Identifies external partnerships which benefit both the business and the partner and executes joint projects
Who Are You?
What we are offering:
- Experience in product marketing, strategy, product management, marketing, consulting or growth with 2+ years' experience in product marketing
- You have experience with a B2C subscription product or B2C digital product – bringing solutions to market and scaling them quickly
- You'd love to showcase a portfolio of products you've launched and grown, and business strategies you've created
- You are a smart, curious and analytical person with a bias for action.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and always seek to solve big problems.
- You are user obsessed and understand how users use your product better than anyone else.
- You think big, believe in your ideas and know how to bring them to fruition.
- You are a natural leader and in group settings your team looks to you for direction and decision making.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous and high stakes environment
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
- Truly meaningful work that affects our planet
- A unique field in hardware/software interaction – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
- Frequent Town Halls for company transparency
- Get in early at a growing (private) company with stock options
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.