Position Title Vice President – Quality Systems
TypeFull Time Permanent / Salaried
Annual Compensation$105,000 to $125,000 CAD depending on skills and experience
- Extended Health plan including medical, dental and HCSA
- Company sponsored RRSP program
- Opportunity for profit sharing
- Reasonable relocation costs
- Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
- David Arndt / Tel: 250-549-1323 / Fax: 250-545-9896
- To be a senior leader in the organization.
- Oversee Universal Packaging’s overall Quality Control program.
- Oversee Universal Packaging’s Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Oversee Universal Packaging’s Asian glass production and quality control – re: working directly with key glass manufacturing partners and UPI’s Sales team.
- Train other UPI personnel in the field of professional glass and decoration inspection and QC processes.
- Generate and share ideas as to how and improve Quality Control/CI in our plant/warehouses.
- Speak freely and openly about any QC issues while offering solutions for improvement.
- Timely completion of reports and analysis as requested.
- Participate in developing and executing against the company’s corporate strategy and mission statement.
- Support the outside Sales Team and travel to customer locations as required to represent UPI from a Quality perspective; deal directly with both the Sales Team and Universal’s large customer base.
- Focus on Universal’s customers to enhance their experience and improve the company’s reputation within the industry.
- University degree in Business
- Formal accreditation in the areas of Quality Control / Continuous Improvement. (Six Sigma certification at the Blackbelt level for example.)
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in a management-level Quality Systems position in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the glass manufacturing and/or glass decoration industries
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a glass plant or other glass manufacturing environment
- A minimum of two years’ experience working for a glass manufacturer in a Quality role supporting the Sales function
- Experience in a glass decoration plant with a strong background in Applied Ceramic Labelling an asset.
- Proficient with using computers and related software, including but not limited to the Microsoft Office Suite and a full ERP system
- Fluent in English both verbally and in written form
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to accommodate significant, spontaneous travel without restriction to the USA, Europe and Asia as required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends regularly and as required.
- Strong, pro-active communication skills. Will speak and work professionally with inside customers (Universal Teammates), outside customers and outside vendors/glass plant partners. Ability to multi-task, deal with stress and adjust to changing priorities in a positive way.
- Friendly, cooperative, assertive and adaptable personality.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $105,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- Glass plant/manufacturing: 5 years (Required)
- Quality Systems Management in manufacturing: 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Driver's license (Preferred)
- Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent (Required)