The City Dispatcher is responsible for planning loads and routes for delivery, contacting customers to arrange deliveries and pick-ups and coordinating pick-ups using 50 – 60 trucks. You will work with the other dispatchers, the Equipment Coordinators, and the Dispatch Manager to ensure on-time delivery and pick-ups, and effective use of drivers and trailers while maintaining a professional attitude in a high tempo, constantly changing environment.
This position is typically Monday-Friday, however, during vacations, illnesses or other unexpected situations, you may be required to cover a different position or schedule.
- Helping plan loads based on specific customer requirements, dimensions, and equipment and driver availability
- Customer Service to ensure that effective communication is maintained
- Dispatching drivers based on what equipment they operate, how much freight they have already, their location, the time of the pick-up or delivery and various other elements
- Communication with the other staff to maintain a positive environment
- Other duties as required
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- RRSP Matching
- A Clothing Allowance
- Paid Training
- Cross Training
City P&D Dispatch experience in the Greater Edmonton Area. Computers skills and attention to detail are assets.
TAG Logistics Corporation is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- Do you have city P&D dispatch experience, if so how many years?
- How well do you know Edmonton and the surrounding areas?