Join the Restaurant team at Sparkling Hill Resort! We currently have an opening available for a server position in our Barrique & Java Cafe, Sparkling Hill's coffee bar by day and wine lounge by night. A successful candidate will be comfortable working independently and must be comfortable bartending.
- Maintain thorough menu knowledge
- Attend to all guest requests, and be constantly aware in order to anticipate guests' needs
- Participate in regular team meetings to review specials, menu changes, and information regarding the day's service
- Plate and serve lounge style menu according to standards
- Polish silverware and glasses
- Clear and reset tables
- Resolve any guest concerns professionally and escalate to the appropriate manager if necessary
- Prepare drinks according to beverage standards as well as pour wine and beer
- May be cross-trained in Junior Server role in PeakFine Restaurant, In-Room Dining, and/or banquet serving
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience serving in a similar calibre establishment
- Knowledge of SilverWare POS system an asset
- Must be comfortable working independently as well as with a team
- Maintain a professional and welcoming demeanor at all times
- High attention to detail and exceptional guest service skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Valid Serving-It-Right certificate
Qualified applicants may submit a detailed resume and cover letter to Mr. Joel Chester, Restaurant Manager. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Staff accommodation is available on site in double rooms for full time Sparkling Hill employees, working 40 hours per week.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent