SECURITY GUARDS WANTED CANADIAN CORPS OF COMMISSIONAIRES - KINGSTON & REGION DIVISION
Location: SECURITY OPERATIONS CENTRE
Commissionaires - Kingston & Region Division is accepting applications for full time positions in the Security Operations Center, located in Kingston, Ontario. We provide diverse employment opportunities with benefits and competitive wages.
Job Summary: Performs a variety of SOC functions, including but not limited to:
Call Operator: ensuring lone worker call-in schedules are maintained, equipment is signed in and out an accounted for, CCTV monitoring and tracking, dispatch.
Patrol Driver: Conducting scheduled patrols at various locations, respond to emergency calls such as alarm dispatch, ensure all information is recorded and reported for clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to effectively time manage
- Possess a positive attitude and have an attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Excellent report-writing technique
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Operate SOC vehicles on all streets, roads and highways, during all operational hours (24.7) 12 months of the year
All applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be eligible to work and reside in Canada
- Hold a valid Ontario Driver’s License, Ontario Security Guard License and current First Aid Certificate
- Provide a driver’s extract and pass a CPIC check
- Pass a Federal Security Clearance and/or Vulnerable Sector check\
- Be available to work all shifts, including weekends and Public Holidays
- Responsible for transportation to and from work
- Have a good understanding of speaking, reading and writing English. French or other languages will be an asset
Benefits and Pay
- Medical and dental benefits, dependent on hours worked
- Life insurance
- Group RRSP offered
- Uniform allowance
- Paid first aid re-certification
- Safety boots, where required
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and upon request, accommodation will be provided to those candidates who require assistance.
Only successful applicants will be notified for an interview.
Will you be a New Hire in July 2022? Work for the Commissionaires for 365 days and become eligible for a $1000 taxable enrolment benefit.
Want to learn more about the Commissionaires? We holding a job fair September 19 until September 23 2022 at 737 Arlington Park Place, Kingston Ontario. Please bring your resume and stop on by!
If you do not currently hold a Security Guard License from Ontario, please contact 613-634-4432 ext. 110 to learn more and register for e-learning.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Application deadline: 2022-09-23
Expected start date: 2022-09-26