We are looking for an organized and driven individual to join our Logistics team. In this role you will provide service to internal and external customers and coordinate outgoing/incoming traffic of material.
· Book transportation for inbound, outbound & brokerage loads
· Create runs within the internal system for all outbound shipments· Create, send and store transport orders for each shipment
· Update and maintain calendars for all inbound and outbound shipments that are booked
· Update and maintain the centralized shipping contacts· Track shipments to ensure timeliness
· Coordinating day-to-day integrated logistics operations for the organization, including preparing initial documentation regarding planning stages: Schedule & organize freight for both inbound & outbound loads internationally and domestic. Prepare and execute freight negotiations with carriers.
· Prepare Canadian & U.S. Customs documentation. Coordinate all modes of logistics through rail, barge, road and containers. Coordinate with outside transportation contractors. Coordinate rail freight rate requests. Communicate & coordinate with Finance, Production, Sales and Operations.
· Develop reports showing transportation costs on precise projects and moves. Conduct physical cataloging, inventorying, material control coordination and data entry assisting different supply activities
· Support with maintenance of logistics policies, procedures, support plans and similar data.
As our Ideal Candidate you have
· One to Three years of similar experience – working in Manufacturing industry
· Proven strong ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize, problem-solve and ensure accuracy;
· Strong attention to detail & accuracy & ability to interact with customers over the phone in high stress situations;
· Proficient computer skills – MS office applications.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Concord, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- logistics: 1 year (required)