Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital has an opportunity for a Cardiac Sonographer, Casual.
The Cardiac Sonographer contributes fully to the provision of patient focused, safe, efficient, quality imaging within the health care facility.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program in Cardiac Diagnostic Medical Sonography /Adult Echocardiography.
- Current registration and education requirements with Sonography Canada
- Current registration and education requirements with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
- Current registration and education requirements with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO)
- A minimum of two years recent experience.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification is required.
- Current copy of Professional Liability Insurance.
- Ability to prioritize and accommodate urgent requests and to perform high quality examinations in a proficient and timely manner.
- Experience entering relevant data into the diagnostic imaging information system and preparing accurate reports for physician interpretation.
- Ability to assess, evaluate and respond to patients based on age or other functional limitations and notify cardiologist of significant scan deviations that may necessitate immediate attention to the patient.
- Exceptional patient care skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and demonstrated ability to work well within a team environment.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively in a busy hospital environment.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to operate equipment safely at all times.
- Able to operate equipment safely at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Proficiency in with patient electronic record & PACS.
Other Pertinent Information *
Must be available all shifts as required.
Applying to this Position
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, forward a resume detailing education and experience to Human Resources. (please quote posting #20-57)
Successful applicants will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check as a condition of the job offer. Please be advised that as part of the selection process, a reference check will be conducted.
Although we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: 20-57
Application deadline: 2020-06-09
Job Type: Casual
Pay: $32.43 - $44.78 per hour
- Cardiac Sonography/Echocardiography: 2 years (Required)
- ARDMS (Required)
- BCLS (Required)
- Sonography Canada (Required)
- CMRITO (Required)