Power Athletics Ltd is seeking a Product Design and Development Manager to lead the creation of seasonal collections primarily focused on athletic shoes. The Product Design and Development Manager will work with a team of Product Designers and Developers to bring footwear products from concept through development to final samples ready for production. We are looking for a strong leader to oversee the product design/department and guide the product vision. This position reports to the Global Brand Manager.
Power Athletics Ltd is a part of the international footwear retailer and manufacturer, Bata. The Power team benefits from having the entrepreneurial spirit of a small team based in Toronto, Canada, while being privy to the opportunities of a large corporation. Power’s products are distributed in over 20 different countries across 5 continents.
- Build the Power brand by delivering fresh and compelling products season over season.
- Set product strategy; creative directions and goals for footwear collections in order to align with market needs and corporate objectives.
- Line build and set briefs by project with the design team, indicating product level, key features, technology and innovation, and target price.
- Guide concept development through to final design, including sign off on design drawings and specification sheets, ensuring products are delivered on time.
- Build supplier relations and oversee product development process.
- Work with Marketing department to bring product stories to life.
- Negotiate and validate costing to ensure costs are aligned with product features.
- Manage product department budget.
- Create, communicate, and maintain product design and development schedules.
- Attend sales meetings to promote collections and work with international Collection Managers.
- Inspire team of designers/developers.
- Bachelor of Industrial Design or similar.
- 5+ years working in Product Design and Development, with 1+ years in management role.
- Solid understanding of footwear design and manufacturing.
- Strong communication skills; written and oral. Ability to present ideas and collections internally and externally.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suit and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to understand trends and consumer needs 1-2 years before products go to market.
- Strong interest in athletic footwear and athletic-wear a plus.
- Must be able and willing to travel between 6-10 weeks per year to international destinations such as Italy, Chile and China.
- Must have legal ability to work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- Product Design: 5 years (Preferred)