This position will be located at:
100 King St. West
32008-P&A Integrate Analytics
Hours per week:
Number of Openings:
Non Union Employees
Nov 14, 2019, 5:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External:
Nov 28, 2019, 4:59:00 AM
Our mission is simple:
create value through insight. Our vision is to become sector leaders by developing best-in-class people, processes and tools in our journey of change. The Digital Health Plan: Data, Analytics & Planning (DHP-DAP) project is a multi-year program to invest in Hamilton Health Science’s (HHS) data and analytics capabilities. Our skilled project team, in partnership with technology vendors, will build an advanced data repository and analytics and planning tools for timely access to accurate, high quality and relevant data for performance management and decision support.
The Analytics Product Lead is a core enabler for data driven insights and analytics at HHS. The Product Lead is responsible for contributing to the creation and delivery of data-driven products and services that meet and exceed HHS stakeholder expectations and demands. The role ensures our data products are designed and built to high standards, are easy for clients to both understand and consume, and are solving real problems both internal and external to HHS. The role also empowers colleagues to leverage the best information and capabilities to build self-service reporting and insight tools. The Product Lead is responsible for developing a forward looking roadmap/vision to ensure that value is continually delivered, thinking of future features and insights and steering the overall project toward that vision. Other primary responsibilities include:
1) Apply fundamental principles of visual design to develop data visualizations and analytics. Choose color palette, icons, layout, typography, and devise methods to demonstrate flow and storytelling through disparate analytics.
2) Conduct usability evaluation by choosing the appropriate evaluation methods and prioritizing/resolving usability issues with analytics products, focused on human-centered design.
3) Champion / Advocate for use of analytics and “single source of truth” reporting and create excitement around the use of these tools to aid in decision-making.
4) Longer Term Product Backlog (roadmap) grooming and release management through engagement with stakeholders and development teams.
5) Creates necessary policies and processes for publishing standards of reports to avoid the chaos and sprawl of “untrusted” or irrelevant reports
6) Develops and maintains rationalization metrics for analytics to determine user adoption, usage levels, satisfaction, interactions, etc.
7) Orchestrates and hosts monthly “Centre of Excellence” for organizational analysts to showcase their work and develop recognition and feedback forum.
8) Other responsibilities may evolve as analytics and reporting program evolves at HHSC.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday; days with willingness to be flexible with working hours to suit organizational needs
Minimum of 5 years of previous related work experience working extensively with BI Tools like Tableau, PowerBI and/or Qlik.
o MS Office and related tools:
- Preferred: Healthcare experience with clinical. financial, statistical health related information
- Preferred: Experience working in a Project Management or Agile driven environment
- Required: Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Statistics/Mathematics, UX/UI or related field.
- Preferred: Master's Degree in Math/Statistics/Analytics, MBA with analytics focus, eHealth
- Extensive experience transforming business problems into Tableau Dashboard/workbook solutions.
- Experience with human centered design and application of UI/UX principles
- Appreciation of Agile methodology and experience working in an agile driven environment
- Strong business acumen and ability to transform business problems into addressable solutions.
- Extensive experience creating models, extracting and combining multiple sources of data.
- Moderate to Advanced computer/technical skills including:
Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint
o Databases & Query:
Transact SQL; MS SQL Server;
o Programming or Statistical Tools:
Python, VBA, R, SAS
- Experience using Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools like Jira
- Self-motivated: actively seeks opportunities and challenges for learning and growth.
- Aptitude and skills in Project Management, Requirements Analysis and Quality Assurance.
- Strong aptitude for analysis and data interpretation.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement