Reports to: Distribution Manager
Location & Time: Head Office - Brampton, ON beginning at 9:00AM Daily
Summary of Position:
The Dispatch Clerk is responsible for effectively handling all communications relating to product orders, batch tracking and delivery schedules. Fundamentally coordinating all order entry and delivery metrics & delivery routing as well as delivery value analytics.
Duties & Responsibilities Logistics Coordinator CH Direct:
· Monitors and facilitates all order entry data
· Organizes orders and builds distribution routes based on customer delivery schedules while maintaining weight restrictions, daily drive times, and geographical regions
· Reconciles final orders with orders received, orders routed, and orders distributed
· Educates customers about the order process, submission deadlines, and delivery schedules
· Addresses customer concerns in a professional, productive, and timely manner
· Escalates issues when appropriate to the Director of Operations
· Communicates with Operations team to ensure accuracy and timeliness of orders picked
· Takes initiative to improve the order process and flow of invoices
· Provides daily analytics to determine routing viability
Duties & Responsibilities Logistics Coordinator Freight:
· Responsible for complete order management (origin to destination) while ensuring data integrity is high when building, managing and completing orders
· Source carriers and negotiate the best possible rates while maintaining service requirements
· Monitor, measure and provide feedback on carrier performance
· Communicate with customers, sales and operations team
· Provide feedback to sales and business development on areas of opportunity
· Perform all the above responsibilities in alignment with the company’s strategic objectives
Duties & Responsibilities Dispatch:
· Read shipping orders to determine quantity and type of transportation needed.
· Ensure the accuracy of all shipping documents, gather, and maintain all data relative to shipping activities.
· Collect all documentation for outboard freight and route to the proper record keeping unit.
· Schedule inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations.
· Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and issue instructions for loading products.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- logistics: 2 years (preferred)