Purpose of the Position:
Packaging Associate (PA) will be responsible for assisting with all packaging related tasks to manage the preparation of cannabis products before distribution
Reporting to the Packaging Manager, the Packaging Associate will be for assisting with all package related tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Responsible for packaging and labelling finished cannabis product for final shipment
- Help maintain high levels of cleanliness in all aspects of the workplace
- Maintaining equipment and tools necessary for packaging tasks
- Maintaining records to Cannabis Act Good Production Practice (GPP) standards
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must have proficient knowledge in the following areas;
Previous Sanitation experience an asset
Knowledge and experience in a pharmaceutical GMP environment is an asset
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a production environment
Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and communication skills.
Skills and Abilities;
Must demonstrate the following skills;
- Must be able to wear PPE for extended periods of time.
- Attention to details
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Can work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience working within a highly-regulated environment
- Excellent record keeping abilities
- An understanding of GMP is an asset
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Fast paced environment
- May require local travel
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Fluctuation in temperature
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $16.00 per hour