$500 Sign on Bonus (Peterborough area RPN)
The Licensed/Registered Practical Nurse, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, establishes, monitors and delivers nursing care to clients in a home setting as per the nursing care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external professional practice standards. As required, s/he provides support and direction to Unlicensed/Unregistered employees involved in direct client care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling and health teaching; nurse in charge in the setting and, if required, to the immediate Supervisor at the branch office.
- Provide care according to the established care plan ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Licensed/Registered Practical Nurse
- Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial licensing body.
- Perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
- Observe and document client conditions and changes following proper standards and in accordance with professional standards.
- Understand and implement infection prevention practices.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
Graduation from an accredited Licensed/Registered Practical Nursing Program; current registration with the provincial licensing body.
Previous experience in the acute care sector; demonstrated clinical competencies; positive interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written; critical thinking and analytical skills; decision making skills; ability to prioritize; clinical certificates considered an asset.
Other Skills and Abilities
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks; able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to freely lift 23 kilograms; able to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting and rolling in bed; able to read and interpret technical instructions related to client care; able to visually and auditorially observe and assess clients; ability to travel; evidence of current CPR certification.