Interested in joining a privately family-owned, Canadian business? Maple Lodge Farms is Canada’s largest poultry processor. We operate to the latest in technological, health and safety and quality standards. With rapid expansion over the years, and continued innovation and investment in growth - we’re looking for committed and star players to join our team!
Responsible for the overall accuracy of both fresh and frozen product at Maple Lodge Farms’ Brampton facility.
Monday - Friday 11pm - 7:30am
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Conducts daily monitoring of inventory (i.e. cycle counts).
- Maintains a safe environment and physical condition of the warehouse.
- Interacts daily with plant Operations, Shipping, and Quality Assurance departments.
- Acts as a backup in the absence of both the Receiving & Inventory Supervisor and QA Shipping Technician as required
- Attend and conduct year-end inventory audits
- Assist Shipping, Invoicing , and Dispatch if any issues with inventory arise
- Processing of returns
- Policies, Processes & Procedures
o Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ inventory experience in the food industry, preferably in a ready-to-eat and unionized environment;
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- Strong MS Excel skill and general Computer Skills (MS Office).
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in related field, or 5 years’ related work experience
- BT/forklift license
- Building Trust - Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perception
30% office based, 70% warehouse based.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.