A brand new Holiday Inn Mississauga Toronto West is a great opportunity for individual at Burger Theory Restaurant, who is passionate about delivering on the promise of excellence in guest service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to General Manager, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- To ensure the proper functioning of all guestrooms and hotel facilities serving the comfort and safety of guests.
- To ensure timely response and action at emergencies (fire alarm, water damage and electrical power failures) during the shift.
- Assemble furniture and equipment for guestrooms and various departments as required in preparation for the hotel opening.
- Inspect and perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment, or machines including cleaning, and visual inspections
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment
- Perform minor repairs such as patching drywall, plunging toilets, replacing batteries or fuses etc.
- Apply paint, stain and other finishes to property walls, ceilings and furniture using brushes, spray guns or rollers, while maintaining property color scheme specifications.
- Perform equipment readings, meter readings and maintain logs
- Perform routine repairs and assist engineers on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, laundry equipment, boilers, plumbing, pool equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools
- Address and respond to guest’s service needs, including guest calls in a professional, positive, and timely manner
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact and a friendly verbal greeting using the guests’ names when possible
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Employee will be required to do heavy lifting and climbing of ladders/stairs into confined spaces.
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferred Qualification: Technical, Trade or Vocational School Degree.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Hotel or related industry; preferably within a luxury environment.
- Qualified candidates must possess in-depth building operations experience, managing day-to-day operations; working knowledge of BAS system; ability to read drawings; and strong knowledge of HVAC central plant system.
- Good working knowledge in Microsoft office. Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Technician: 2 years (Required)